What's new

Sampled Paradigm's Signature Series today (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A friend who is looking for some new speakers and I spent 2 1/2 hrs auditioning today, and I was surprised to find they had the Signatures in. I heard just the small bookshelf guys, equivalent of 20s. The first thing that is most striking about them are the cabinets. These things look very nice. I didn't even know the shop had them until I asked when the Signatures would be in, and the guy said "They're already here..." He brought them in and I was impressed. Definitely the best speakers I have ever heard from Paradigm. A bit steep in price, but not unreasonable for their performance. They were very noticably superior to the v3 20s we compared them to. The tweeters sound similar (on the bright side), but the midrange is clearer and there is greater depth with the Signatures. The Sigs have a warm, full, very pleasant sound. My hat is off to Paradigm.

Not to knock them, because we both feel they are very good speakers, but my friend did not end up buying them and I agreed without question, to what he chose instead - a different Signature, the Joseph Audio RM7si Signature Mk2. A simply stunning bookshelf that I have to say is easily among the best I've ever heard. Flawless reproduction, clarity, simply nothing that I could point out as a design compromise or deficiency. Amazing bass extension without a hint of boominess. Crisp clear highs without anything that should not be there. I was very impressed to say the least, in fact I plan to go back and listen to them again in the listening room they are normally in (which was occupied at the time). My friend's are on order, and won't be here for a while.

Gear: Arcam CD73, A80, Synergistic Research active interconnect (not sure which), Transparent Cable Wave speaker cables.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

I know, I know, it sounds like marketing hype. It's a damn fine sounding speaker though, and it's hard to try to describe that subjectively without sounding like you are a salesperson. The RM7si simply had more detail and bass, and sounded very natural with everything I threw at it.

cabreau

Second Unit
Is there a website that I can view the Paradigm Signature series? They are so intangible...LOL.

Cary P

Stunt Coordinator
OK, well now I'm very intrigued by the Joseph Audio RM7si Signature Mk2 speakers.

As these $1799/pair speakers were clearly preferred over the new Paradigm Signature series, I will need to go give them a listen.

John, can you tell me what dealer in the Bay Area carries Joseph Audio, and were you able to demo them at the same place as the Paradigm Signatures? I'm also curious about the MSRP of the new Paradigm's you listened to.

I've owned the Paradigm Active 40's for over three years now, and I'm still very happy with the sound.

But I have a friend with Paradigm Studio 60's v2, and we've both grown a little dissatisfied with the sound of those speakers over time. A little too boxy and colored in the upper bass/lower midrange, and not nearly as quick and dynamic as my Active 40's - even with the Studio 60's driven by an Aragon 8008 MkII amp at 200w/ch.

We were looking forward to listening to the new Paradigm Signatures as a potential upgrade, but will now add the Joseph Audio speakers to the list of possible options. I personally think her room would be better suited with bookshelf speakers rather than floor-standers, so if there are any other suggestions, please feel free to mention them.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The actives seem to have been the best 'Digms in the recent years. :) I guess they just didn't sell as well. The Sigs MSRP were right above 2x the cost of the corresponding Studio series speakers - the one's I listened to were $1900/pr, compared to 20s at $800/pr.

Yes, the Josephs were at the same dealer that had the Signatures. Good shop, I'll e-mail you the info Cary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks