What's new

S-video cable upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Matt_P

Second Unit
Greetings.
I'm thinking of upgrading the s-video cable that came with my DVD player. Any recommendations? Does a higher quality s-video cable really make a big difference in picture quality? Is it like night and day?
Thanks for your help.
------------------
"Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts." - Leonard Shelby, MEMENTO

Jonathan_M

Stunt Coordinator
It's safe to say that most any aftermarket cable is better than the cables included with most consumer A/V devices.
Whether or not you'll see a difference depends on a few things, mostly the quality of your display. Since retail outlets generally have generous return and exchange policies, I would encourage you to pick up a cable or two and try them out yourself.
FWIW, I use a Monster Cable S-Video cable to connect my DVD-Player to my receiver and then another one going from my receiver to my TV.
------------------
"We're hosed. We lost the remote."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks