What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

RYAN’S DAUGHTER: Discussions for a BD Release (2015 - 2024) (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
They would all work, presumably without HDR.

I did not restore Mad World. You're thinking of the reconstruction. The current release is simply a transfer from large format.

Off the top of my head, add The Godfather, Part III, which I don't consider to be a true restoration, and therefore, did not wish credit as such.

Add two of my favorites.

Williamsburg: The Story of a Patriot, VVLA, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

To Be Alive. 35/4, three panel, The S.C. Johnson Company.
Even a RAH reconstruction, that's a non-restoration, is superior to that of the first BD of "My Fair Lady".:cool:
Meanwhile, I will keep my eyes open for the two favorites that you suggested.:popcorn:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Many HTF posters have an I-Wish-List;
but here, upon this thread, its known as the I-Rish-List, instead;
for 31 Pages, 602 Posts and 18 months later, we continue to thrive;
'tis the place where conversations remain strong and vital;
and altogether, so very much alive.:chatter:

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Although I would love to own all of these in 4K/UHD only Lawerence of Arabia and My Fair Lady would be immediate purchases - unfortunately budget & age put a kabosh on buying repeat titles :) I have all of the others which are indeed brilliant presentations of wonderful movies!
Regards,
Just for the record, after obtaining the RAH restorations of "Lawrence of Arabia" and "My Fair Lady" in the ever hopeful format of 4K/UHD; would your budget have considerations for a 4K/UHD of a film shot by Freddie Young in an Irish locale?
Absolutely day one baby !
Regards,
SAhmed's bottom line answer deserved an encore;
and, thus, has been moved to the forefront of this thread.:cool:

Last edited:

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
If Rosy Ryan had actually been a real person who existed in the film's period of the early 20th century, then I suppose that Ryan's Great Granddaughter might now be losing her patience, while joining us in the hope that the movie's owners will soon provide a pristine edition of the filmed portrayal of her ancestors.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
You see, there's a tacit understanding on this thread that goes something like this:

We don't actually refer to the film that must not be named or ask about its progress or release, and in return Warners don't burn the negative.

It's very delicate business.
In the time-honored tradition of theatrical directors and actors, whose superstitions refer to "Macbeth" as that "Scottish" play;
we here, upon this thread of "Ryan's Daughter", shall now and hereby refer to this work as that "Irish" film.

Better safe than sorry.;)
Ixnay! Ixnay! Spin thrice, spit and curse!
RMajildi's Posts wins today's PMF Trophy Prize for Best Strategies and Reminders;
while also influencing social change towards a thread's guidelines and discussion;
all for the sake of that "Irish" film.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Philip - I'm honored and humbled.

Regards,
You may be honored and humbled, but I am thrilled.
Your interests in that "Irish" film spoke volumes and says it all.
In short, you have stated that an "Immediate Purchase" of a 4K/UHD title would be subjected to a very high criteria.
I, myself, would HAVE to have each of the RAH Restorations; whereas you would financially justify the Double-Dipping of only 2.
Yet, bring into the discussion the hopeful presence of that "Irish" film in 4K/UHD and that became a game-changer for you.
Great stuff. And a great message to the powers that be.
Now, remove 4K/UHD from the discussion.
Wouldn't that, theoretically, lead one to the conclusion that even the existence of a BD might very well result in an even greater wave of sales?
Who knows?
I am not a Marketing/Sales Analyst.
All I know is that this 70mm beauty seems to already possess a built-in wave of sales.

Hopefully, I was not playing too fast and loose with your own words.

Thanks,
PMF

Last edited:

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Philip - beautifully said on that little "Irish" film !

I probably will end up with ANY product from that fine young gentleman (better known as RAH - btw he is also driving me to ruin with all the great recommendations he makes as well :) ).

Michelin ? THX ? - you keep them. Give me RAH.

Regards,

BTW Has RAH been trade marked/copyrighted ?

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
RMajildi's Posts wins today's PMF Trophy Prize for Best Strategies and Reminders;
while also influencing social change towards a thread's guidelines and discussion;
all for the sake of that "Irish" film.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Any chance that the PMF Trophy Prize for Best Strategies and Reminders consists of the first 4K UHD of the Irish film to come off the Warner presses?

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Any chance that the PMF Trophy Prize for Best Strategies and Reminders consists of the first 4K UHD of the Irish film to come off the Warner presses?
"Only you can prevent forest fires". - Smokey the Bear

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
There was a Premiere of a 70mm film that took place in Dublin, Ireland at the Adelphi Cinema yesterday, on March 11th; some 46 years ago.
So, here it is, the following day of that anniversary.
I imagine those 1971 reviews* from the Dublin papers were eagerly being read, since daybreak; while the ripple effect word, from those in attendance, was even quicker to be known from that prior evening and on.
What was the real buzz that spread across their great city?
It's something I've always wondered.
I would like to ask Flicks*; our access and link to the Dingle Peninsula; if he has ever been privy to the echoes, reactions and recollections of those who attended the initial run?

Today's PMF Trophy Prize goes to Flicks* for Best Photography;
as he generously supplied us, earlier this year, with updated shots of a locale that many of us still wish to visit, to this very day.
(see photos on Posts #365 and #367 (Page 19);Post #509; (Page 26).:thumbs-up-smiley:

* NYC Premiere 11/09/70; London Premiere 12/09/70

Last edited:

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
You know, Philip, one of these days WAC will announce a release of this film that will put all other releases to shame. When that happens, we'll be so stupefied that we'll lose the power to post for a whole year.

[If you listen carefully, you can just make out the applause from HTF-member living rooms across the globe for all these prospects]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks