What's new

Rotel RDV-1060 vs. Denon DVD-3800 (1 Viewer)

ArthurJ

Second Unit
How do these two players compete? Of all components in a home theater system it seems this is the most challenging. I read a post by jack briggs (sp?) and him saying pretty much all DVD players yield the same image. Does everybody else agree with this statement? If so then does it just come down to quality and features? I am sort of looking for a Universal player, however I might go seperate CD player and seperate DVD player route if its better.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
The difference between a 200$ DVD-player and a 1000$ one is the audio section. Video will be really near, but the audio section will be in another category.

If you have a good dedicated CD-player, then don't bother, but if you want a good DVD-player to play your CD and DVD-A, I think that you will have to invest.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy

That's a pretty sweeping generalization. There are many inexpensve DVD players with great video, but the players with the best video performance usually cost a bit more.

For what it's worth, hometheaterhifi.com reviewed the DVD-3800 and gave it a very good review. The Rotel has not been reviewed, but Im sure there are many forum members who can give insight.

If youre looking for a universal player, then the Denon 2900 would be preferred to the 3800, as it handles SACD. Its the highest rated universal player by hometheaterhifi.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks