What's new

Robin Hood, Sierra Madre, Yankee Doodle Dandy - 2 Disc Specs (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
WOW, WOW, WOW That art is outstanding. Thanks Warner for continuing your commitment to original cover art

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
As if I needed any inducement to buy this box set . . . but a nice looking design, nonetheless. Thanks, Ron.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Wow!!

My only issue is with the cover art - Can't we get some nice floating heads? :D

Seriously, that is some of the most gorgeous art that I've seen in awhile. For the life of me, I can't understand why original poster art isn't always used. I have yet to see a vaild reason for changing it, especially on a classic title where the audience is already built in.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Yes! September 30, this is mine!

Oh, and will all the people doing the "naked dance" please remember to put your clothes back on before leaving the building. We've been getting a few complaints from the neighbors.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Beautiful artwork. More proof that great cover artwork can be made by just using the poster art.

The diagram is very nice, too. Since they have the o-negs and restored them, the image quality and color should be flawless (well, at least as correct video can do).

I'll be purchasing the box set as well.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Sea Hawk is actually my favorite Flynn film, but Robin Hood is one of the greatest Technicolor films ever done (in terms of showing off the then fairly new 3-strip technology), very strong use of vibrant colors. And Flynn was just a great star.

All 3 of these sets are flat-out sick. I'm impressed beyond words that gems like these are getting such great treatment. I sure hope we see more of those missing titles getting the same effort. Hard to say how well classic films like these will sell but WB is doing the right thing by making this great art available in a high quality form.

And on top of all this news we hear that Robert Harris is involved in the new Superbit version of Lawrence of Arabia. More great films are getting the treatment they deserve all the time.

Alistair_M

Second Unit
Warner are doing a superb job when it comes to their classics. I loved the enthusiasm they displayed in their recent HTF chat.

And Warner - if you're reading this thread....

How about a Warner Legends Collection 2 later in the year:

Flynn - The Sea Hawk (with an isolated Korngold score)
Cagney - Angels with Dirty Faces
Bogart - The Big Sleep

each 2 disk sets of course...

We love ya!

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Great art! When's the preorders start??? :D

If this can be had for around $50 with STL from Amazon, I'll be dancing naked yet again. ;)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Wow, when is this going to be available for preorder? I tried going to a few online etailers and nobody seems to have it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks