What's new

Roar! (1 Viewer)

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else looking forward to the release of ROAR in September? I was actually kind of thinking that with his recent fame & success in Brokeback Mountain, now would be the best possible time for the studio to attempt a release of this series. (Well, thinking that a few months ago, but I suspect it just took them a little while to get the ball rolling on the release)

From what I remember of this series, it started out a little crappy and never reached the quality that was Hercules/Xena, the cornerstone of that 90s hour-long fantasy kick (Lost World, Beastmaster, Sinbad, Roar, Herc, Xena, Queen of Swords, Sheena, Mutant X), but it picked up a little with the Longinus Christianity stuff that started about halfway through the season. The worst part of the series for me was easily the sidekick ensemble, who were probably the worst case of 'token _____' characters I can remember. 'The chick' (a useless unwashed girl who of course, liked to kick butt) and the black boy (who served no purpose whatsoever) went from random extras in the pilot, who had little reason to remain in the series, to full fledged credited cast members, though they never really did anything of note later on, and their reason for even sticking around was never even explained or rationalized. Very weird...Oh and I dug the villainess, she had kind of a fantasy meets Lilith Crane vibe!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5910

Martin_K

Agent
I caught a few episodes of this series when it aired. I liked that immortal Roman soldier, thought he was an interesting character. I will probably pick this up, hoping Universal doesn't do flippers with this set.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I watched this series back in '96 and catch reruns on SciFi when they air. Would enjoy having this series in my collection. Would also like to get Sinbad season 2 if it ever comes out and Queen of Swords. I record Queen on my DVR every Sat and Sun on SiTV.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
Wow you are the first person I've ever heard/seen that would also buy Sinbad S2! It seems seriously unlikely we're going to get it though... ;( I don't care if they have to do a cheap-ass job like they did on S1, I just want to see the eps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks