Rhino series standard change. Grrr!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Watson, Feb 15, 2003.

1. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

I have bought the cds (and DVDs) of the Rhino issues of the PBS Doowop programs. Very enjoyable music.

But I just received the cd of Rock Rhythm and Doowop, which is the 3rd cd in the series starting with DooWop 50 (which was issued about 2 years ago).

And the volume level on the latest disk is about 30% (?) LOUDER than on the first 2 disks!!!

CRIKEY, but that's irritating!!! Destroys the treat of putting all disks on a cd changer for a 3 hour program.

My only other beef is that for some reason Little Anthony and the Imperials get 5 tracks on both the cd and the DVD. I would have preferred more tracks by other performers. In fact, I was sure I remembered Connie Francis performing on one of those programs, in which case its a DAMN shame she doesn't get a dvd moment.

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Connie Francis DooWop?

What did I miss? [​IMG]

3. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Yeah, I agree ...

But, I think they chose the title Rock Rhthm and DooWop for the third program to widen the scope a bit, so it included Little Richard, Lou Christie and some non-doowop, but maybe I'm getting confused about whether Connie Francis was in the actual broadcast...