What's new

Rhino series standard change. Grrr! (1 Viewer)

John Watson

Screenwriter
I have bought the cds (and DVDs) of the Rhino issues of the PBS Doowop programs. Very enjoyable music.

But I just received the cd of Rock Rhythm and Doowop, which is the 3rd cd in the series starting with DooWop 50 (which was issued about 2 years ago).

And the volume level on the latest disk is about 30% (?) LOUDER than on the first 2 disks!!!

CRIKEY, but that's irritating!!! Destroys the treat of putting all disks on a cd changer for a 3 hour program.

My only other beef is that for some reason Little Anthony and the Imperials get 5 tracks on both the cd and the DVD. I would have preferred more tracks by other performers. In fact, I was sure I remembered Connie Francis performing on one of those programs, in which case its a DAMN shame she doesn't get a dvd moment.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Yeah, I agree ...

But, I think they chose the title Rock Rhthm and DooWop for the third program to widen the scope a bit, so it included Little Richard, Lou Christie and some non-doowop, but maybe I'm getting confused about whether Connie Francis was in the actual broadcast...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks