What's new

Review of Ellis Audio 1801 (1 Viewer)

Mel Silva

Agent
Al,
I am very interested in reading your review. I am considering the Ellis Audio kit for myself. The link you have provided is incomplete. I get a "404" page not found error upon clicking it. Can you fix?

Mel

Al Garay

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry about that. I fixed the URL.

I have been exchanging e-mails with Danny Richie regarding my review. I do agree that the AV1+ may sound much better, at least not harsh, with the Sonicap upgrade. Danny has generously offered to send me a set for review. (Goes to show how some vendors do go out of their way to help prospective customers... DannyR and Dave Ellis are perfect examples).

Fortunately, Darren Thomas, who lives in the area, will be getting the Sonicap upgrade to install on one of his sets of AV1+. The man has 5 AV1+'s matched to an Adire Tempest subwoofer (should be killer for HT and he is very happy with the music as well).
So, I will be able to compare the affects of the Sonicap upgrade. And give the AV1+ a fair chance to reveal the music without the harshness that I heard on Saturday.
I admit to favoring the Ellis 1801.

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks