What's new
World Wide Stereo

Remote operation of Classe CA150 (1 Viewer)

Ross W.

Grip
I have a Classe CA150 in my home theater that I want to control from the 12VDC control circuit I have from my B&K Components preamp and AV5000 amp. I want to be able to remotely turn the unit on and off when the system is powered via the preamp remote. The CA 150 has a remote control phone jack style connector on the back but I know nothing about it, other than that it can be used with an optional Classe IR remote kit. The B&K output is RCA connector.

Does anyone know what the voltage requirement is for the Classe remote input and whether I can make some sort of connector that will do the job ?

Thanks

728x90

Roger Dressler

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same amp. I checked with Classe and they confirmed that there is no way to "fake" the amp into use with an external 12V or contact closure type control switch. (I tried and failed before I checked!)

The front-panel power switch circuit uses a flip-flop made with a 4013 CMOS chip. I essentially "wired or'd" it's output with a separate line from the remote control jack using 2 diodes, and was able to make it work with my Tag AV32R. Been working daily for over 2 years.

But it means a) knowing some electronics, b) being willing to open an expensive piece of gear to make modifications, c) willingness to lose the warranty, etc.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Thanks Roger. I own two of these fine amps and wondered about the possibility of RC as well.

You have quenched my desire to investigate this matter further ;*)

I power on the usual way.....in some circle it is called "sneaker net"...... so I enjoy these amps regardless of the method.

BOK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soonercineaste
Recent bookmarks