What's new

Ref50 and Mits Config?? (1 Viewer)

John Sorensen

Auditioning
Please bear with me here!! As I was hooking up the Ref50, it reminded me how little I know about home theater. I wanted to upgrade from my old Yamaha RX-2092 for the lack of Component Video Switching, Component and Optical inputs. I recently purchased a Mits 55711 and Zenith HD520 as well. So here I am with alot of new hardware. I am putting the Ref50 in the spot on my entertainment I had picked out. I unplugged all the cables on the Yamaha and started plugging in the Ref50. I hook up the Zenith Sat HD520 w/component cable to input 1 and Component Cables out to the Inputs on the Mits. Stunning picture to say the least. As usual I didn't even open the manual yet but tried to figure things out on my own,. needless to say, I did not get to far. I soon figured out that you have to have an S-Video Cable to view the OSD. Then I realized the Component Ins/Outs are passive. I still have to switch inputs to go to S-Video on the TV to view the OSD. Not that big a deal just a pain because I have to shift back and forth for the OSD. Next, I go to setup the Sony NSP-700 DVD Player( probably the weak link in my system) I use component cables to the Ref50 input 2( I also tried using the component input3) but I am not able to get an image on the TV. The Mitsubishi TV have multiple component inputs(2 are only able to do 480i, 480P, The other input will do 480i, 480P, and 1080I). I have my component cable plugged into the last one which should do the 480 from the DVD Player.

I had intended to use the Ref50 for all Video and Audio Swithing but I am running into these problems. Am I missing something or do I have something configured wrong? I wanted to use one remote to control the theater and make it easy for my wife to run the system. Any help appreciated here!!

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Did you go into the B&K setup to assign the component input to the source input?
Hint:
It's much easier to use the setup suite software via computer, no need to page layers of menus.
But it can be done via remote on-screen.

I just loaded the suite software in emulation mode.
As my ref50 is no longer in the default setup.
It looks as the ref50 default has V1 V2 TV set to Video #2. DVD, Tape, SAT, CD set to Video #1 as default.
You may need to change these.

John Sorensen

Auditioning
I went into the OSD and told the Ref to use the Component input 1 for the Satelite feed this worked with no problem or changes. The DVD Player is set to use Component input 2( also tried Comp. 3) on the Ref50.

I will load the software this evening and see if it makes things more clear. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks