What's new

Red Saturation.... (1 Viewer)

Matthew_W

Auditioning
hey there...

I recently decided to take the plunge and dive into the world of HDTV... and so far, am very pleased with the technology...

I purchased a JVC AV-48WP55 RPTV... already had the Panasonic DVD-S55... and my girlfriend bought me the Onyko HT-R520 w/ surround speakers...

I got the Color Essentials calibration DVD... went through it a couple times... and programmed my tv as best as i could... and have kind of run into a little problem... there seems to be alot of red in my picture... I have tried decreasing the colour (and re-adjusting the tint) but the smaller i go, the more duller of a picture i get...
Is this the case with my TV? Is this fixable?

Also, 2/3 of the time when the saturated red is on the screen, i get a pixelation around the object... Is this because of my DVD? Or is my tv just cursed?

Any info is appreciated..

M

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You calibration could be off, but if you used the pattern correctly with the blue filter, it should be correct. However, if you did calibrate correctly, your set may have a red-push problem, which may or may not be adjustable via a service option. There are some other tricks with attenuating on the component inputs that have been discussed. I don't have much experience with correcting red-push problems, since I've never had a display with a non-standard color decoder.

Also, I am assuming your grayscale is correct?

Matthew_W

Auditioning
grey scale is fine...

I have been reading alot about this red push problem that people are having... i'm beginning to think i should've spent the extra money and got something with a standard color decoder...

Is it true all tv's have a service menu? If so, how do i find out how to get into mine? I'm not the kind of person to just go changing things in there but it would be nice to see what can be done about this red push...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks