What's new

recomended Pink floyd DVD (1 Viewer)

DanielJE

Agent
i want to buy a pink floyd dvd but not sure which one.
i was hoping some of you could maybe break down the specs and way you like a certain one. i would like good sound and widescreen.

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
there are only 2 that I know of. Pompei and Dark Side. the answer is easy, get them all!!!

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
havent seen the wall on dvd but I just googled it. it says 1:1.85 ratio = widescreen and 5.1 sound. Also its gone platinum so Im sure its a good remake. Im not a big Wall fan so I didnt even think to suggest that one. if you havent seen Pompei, its really good but the songs dont complete, they fade into recordings of the band talking and whatnot.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
The Wall is pretty good sound and picture. It even has a feature that puts the lyrics on the screen, when a song plays. So, if you have always wondered what they were saying on one of the songs, here's your chance to find out.

The movie itself is really strange. It gets a bit nerve racking at times. You need to be "comfortably numb" when you watch and listen to it! :D

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Probably the best DVD that has Floyd music is Roger Water's In the Flesh Live. It was shot in HD, has a very well done 5.1 and PCM sound track, and covers a pretty good range of Floyd and Waters tunes.

Not sure that there is really any high quality (Picture and Sound) DVD with the classic Floyd line up.

BGL

AricB

Second Unit
Brian is right, if you want high quality live picture and sound, Roger Waters, until Pulse comes out on DVD, the Laserdisc is hard to find and was amazing. The Wall is not a live performance, but it is a great movie set to the music if you like that album, I personally love it, have it on CD both the studio and live recording and the movie on DVD.:emoji_thumbsup:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I gotta go with Brian & Aric, Roger Waters' "In The Flesh Live" is the one to get. In addition to the great set-list and audio & video quality, it has a really good featurette on how the band prepared for the tour.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

I think folks may be talking at cross purposes here. There is indeed 'The Wall' movie starring Bob Geldof with music by PF. However, there is also the live performance of The Wall in Berlin with Roger Waters and a large cast. I find both of them a bit of a dog's breakfast, but if you are really into Floyd, they're still essential purchases. I think it's a great shame that we can't have the film made of The Wall concert at Earl's Court. It exists (bits of it have been shown on a TV documentary about the album) and even if ragged at the edges, would be a fascinating document.

AricB

Second Unit
I agree, I have the double cd recorded there, and I love it. I have hope for Pulse on DVD some day, DSOTM performed live plus other great songs, including closing with one of these days.

JordanS

Second Unit
actually folks....recently in interviews Roger Waters has stated that he has viewed the footage from 'the wall live: 1980-1981" and it will be coming out on DVD...who knows when..but it will be the holy grail for all Pink Floyd fanatics...

when PULSE comes out on DVD sometime next year, that will also be fantastic..

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

Man, if the PQ and SQ of this were up to snuff, I would be all over it! But, if its of the same level as The Wall "Live in Berlin", I'd probably take a pass.

On a related note, I personally would donate a 'nad if they would just put out "The Wall" in multi-channel Hi-Rez (DVD-A or SACD).

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks