What's new

recently read a article about hackers stealing credit card numbers (1 Viewer)

wow you guys leave something to think about this is great information.so do you think it be just plain smarter not to use credit at all? my father used credit at a department store there was several persons with the same name. some how his information was crossed with some one elses and his credit was tainted altho he knows he made all his payments on time.it took him 3 yrs of fighting with this company to get his credit fixed but it still left a black mark on his credit. he refused to use this company. this is a very old company and they are closed today nation wide..so credit is a very touchy situation its like playing with fire you could get burned no matter how careful you are....

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member

If you are that paranoid might as well disconnect your electricity also.

Sky is falling! Sky is falling!

SethH

Senior HTF Member

I don't think it's necessary to go that far. Just keep your eye on things. Actually look over the entire bill each month instead of just writing a check to pay it off. If you catch something fishy on there the credit card companies will almost always take care of it with little or no trouble on your end. Now debit cards are a different ball game. I love my debit card, but if someone gets that number and uses it, you're pretty much screwed as debit cards do not have nearly the protection of credit cards. So, use credit cards for whatever you want, just be smart and read over your bill each month. Use a debit card at your own risk and you should always be hesitant to use it online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks