What's new

re:Science Fiction Theater/Men Into Space (1 Viewer)

Charles Thaxton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Charles Thaxton
I just heard from someone "in the know" that MGM are the current rights holders for all the ZIV shows. Maybe if we all wrote nice letters to MGM Home Entertainment urging them to release these shows, something might happen. On the other hand, my source indicated some sort of rights hassles (FUGITIVE here we go again)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
You can add "Sea Hunt" and "Highway Patrol" to the list of wanted ZIV series on DVD. MGM has released some older black & white series, most notably "The Outer Limits," along with series like "The Addams Family" and "Mister Ed" and, possibly, a few others, but so far have not done anything with the ZIV catalog. There are some public domain episodes of a few ZIV series floating around like "Lock Up" and "Meet Corliss Archer," but that's pretty much been it for the ZIV catalog on DVD.

Charles Thaxton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Charles Thaxton
Pete-wasn't QUATERMASS put out on MGM DVD R1 as THE CREEPING UNKNOWN?

I also agree with WORLD OF GIANTS.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald

Nope. If they had, rest assured that I'd own it by now. A new HD-master of THE QUATERMASS X-PERIMENT was recently completed, but only apparently for HD-cable broadcasts, no current plans for release on either standard DVD or Blu-Ray in R1.

Read this DVD SAVANT article and weep

So, for Halloween this year, while Sony commendably releases a set of their new-to-R1 Hammer horrors, we only get un-asked-for double-dips of CHILD'S PLAY and PUMPKINHEAD from MGM instead. :angry:

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Add my voice to a release of World of Giants.
I've never been able to find more than an episode or two from this series anywhere.

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman

While the film hasn't had a DVD release in the US, it most certainly has had one (for years) in the UK, so to say it hasn't ever had a DVD release is a little silly. Do people never do research anymore or do they just write whatever they want?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Villafana

I've only seen the pilot, but it is different from LOTG. It is only one man who is small, and the story takes place on Earth. Marshall Thompson, I believe, is the hero, who shrunk accidently due to some kind of experiment gone wrong. He works as a government agent who uses his tiny size to infiltrate "the bad guys". He is aided by a regular size partner who carries him around in a suitcase. :laugh:

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald

Well, that's a moot point, Billy, seeing as Charles Thaxton and I were clearly talking only about the film having no R1 DVD release thus far by MGM (which doesn't hold the UK release rights).

Nowhere did I state (or imply) that that THE QUATERMASS X-PERIMENT had never been released on DVD anywhere else in the world. Incidentally, that R2 release (which I did know about... but again, we were talking just about R1 in the posts above) looks to be out-of-print these days, as Amazon.uk, Sendit.com and most of the other usual UK online retailers don't seem to carry it anymore, save for Gift Of Sound, and individual Amazon Marketplace-type sellers over there.

I bear no anger or malice, just setting the record straight.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks