What's new

RCA DSS Certain Transponders dropping (1 Viewer)

Hello,
I have an older first generation RCA DSS unit hooked up to a
DirecTV Plus system. The picture starts to freeze on channel 299 (figures Nick Jr, my three year olds favorite),but not on other channels that we normally watches. I checked the transponders and on 1 I get 92 signal then drops to 0. Transponder 15, 87 signal drops to 0. Transponder 32, 93 signal then drops to 0. I took the receiver downstairs to
my home theater and swapped it with a new generation RCA and the old one worked fine. Brought back upstairs and it acted up again.
I went on the roof and checked connections at the multi-switch and they seemed fine.
What should my next course of action be. Should I take the receiver up on the roof and a small tv and use a known good coax and hook it up there. What is the best way to figure out the problem?
My dish has three lnb's on it. I think the installer threw in a High definiton lnb also. I see cables coming from the lnbs to the multi-switch and there is also a small splitter up there also.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

DougRuss

Stunt Coordinator
(((((( DING )))))
Wrong answer !
Removed
eek.gif

[Edited last by DougRuss on October 16, 2001 at 05:57 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks