Rayman 2 for DC ....I finally found it....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott_E, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Scott_E

Scott_E Stunt Coordinator

I was looking around at Circuit City today, and they have this big bin for alot of old PSX games and DC games, I found Rayman 2 for DC for 19.99, new sealed. I had the game a long time ago and I wanted it again, but I was reluctant since you can get some PS2 games for 20 bucks, but I thought I'd get it anyway. They had Chu Chu rocket for 7.95, and alot of other things too. Blaster Master for PSX for 8 bucks. Anyway, I went over to check out with Rayman and it was marked wrong!! It was only 9.99!! So I got it for 10 and some change. A new sealed version. I've seen them on ebay and EB used for like 20-30 bucks. So I think I got a pretty good deal, I'm looking foreward to playing it. Is the PS2 version any good?

2. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

The PS2 version isn't as good as the DC version, but any version of Rayman 2 is better than 99% of the other games on the market. Check it out with a VGA box sometime.

3. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

4. Michael St. Clair

Where'd all those butterflies go in the first level on the PS2? Too many polygons, I guess. The DC has no problem with it.

And the Dreamcast version runs in 480p.

I still haven't seen a PS2 (yes, I own one) platform or fighting game that can show up DC Rayman 2 and Soul Calibur on the DC.

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Rayman 2 is one of my few treasured DC games. Unfortunately, it was WAY too short. I beat it in 3 days (granted, I stayed up extremely late and started playing early).

6. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

Morgan, your prolific videogaming exploits are well-known; [​IMG] however, I think for less persistent and/or skilled players it's the perfect length.

I played it through and won the game on my N64, and now I'm going through a second time and having just as much fun on the DC. This game can be played over and over again. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the variety and quantity of levels.

Yes, Joseph, the PS2 version used some terrible english voices for the characters. A poorer version all-around.

~s

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor