What's new

Rayman 2 for DC ....I finally found it.... (1 Viewer)

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking around at Circuit City today, and they have this big bin for alot of old PSX games and DC games, I found Rayman 2 for DC for 19.99, new sealed. I had the game a long time ago and I wanted it again, but I was reluctant since you can get some PS2 games for 20 bucks, but I thought I'd get it anyway. They had Chu Chu rocket for 7.95, and alot of other things too. Blaster Master for PSX for 8 bucks. Anyway, I went over to check out with Rayman and it was marked wrong!! It was only 9.99!! So I got it for 10 and some change. A new sealed version. I've seen them on ebay and EB used for like 20-30 bucks. So I think I got a pretty good deal, I'm looking foreward to playing it. Is the PS2 version any good?

JamesH

Supporting Actor
The PS2 version isn't as good as the DC version, but any version of Rayman 2 is better than 99% of the other games on the market. Check it out with a VGA box sometime.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Is the PS2 version any good?
Not as good as the DC version. The graphics in the Dreamcast version (called 'The Great Escape,' just like the PC version) are superior. Better shadows and lighting effects, better color pallette. The PS2 version looks less 3-dimensional, more 'flat.' Although there were some features added for the PS2 version, the graphics just aren't as stunning. Another difference is the language used in the game. Someone please correct me if this is incorrect, but I remember the Dreamcast using the imaginary language with subtitles, which gives it more of an otherworldy feel, while the PS2 version took the straight approach by having the characters use plain English.

Plus, did the PS2 version come with a T-shirt? Not that I know of. When I got my DC copy, it came with a beautiful Rayman 2 T-shirt with the Dreamcast logo on the sleeve... all that for $10. :)

~j

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Where'd all those butterflies go in the first level on the PS2? Too many polygons, I guess. The DC has no problem with it.

And the Dreamcast version runs in 480p.

I still haven't seen a PS2 (yes, I own one) platform or fighting game that can show up DC Rayman 2 and Soul Calibur on the DC.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Rayman 2 is one of my few treasured DC games. Unfortunately, it was WAY too short. I beat it in 3 days (granted, I stayed up extremely late and started playing early).

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Morgan, your prolific videogaming exploits are well-known; ;) however, I think for less persistent and/or skilled players it's the perfect length.

I played it through and won the game on my N64, and now I'm going through a second time and having just as much fun on the DC. This game can be played over and over again. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the variety and quantity of levels.

Yes, Joseph, the PS2 version used some terrible english voices for the characters. A poorer version all-around.

~s

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks