Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
ofAvmOP4

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This is very sad. He had some health issues recently, but I didn't know it was this serious. My wife and I love his music.

RIP, to the leader of the Parrot Heads.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Wow. A legend has passed. While I was developing a still-unproduced film “Over Their Heads” with George Gakoumis Jr back in the late 1980s, it was our writer John Bloom who introduced me to many of the songs by Jimmy Buffett that were adored by his fans known as Parrotheads beyond his signature “Margaritaville.” Songs like “Fins,” “Come Monday,” “Changes in Latitudes, “Volcano,” etc. Hollywood tried to turn his epic novel “Where is Joe Merchant” into a movie, but it eventually languished in development hell for years with producer (and apparently good friend) Frank Marshall, who had Buffett write the song “Don’t Bug Me” for the end credits of “Arachnophobia,” cast him as a pilot in “Congo,” and co-produced the under-appreciated family film “Hoot.”

GeorgeHolland

Stunt Coordinator
Have always been a Buffett fan. His music was a big part of every get together from High School on. Shared it with our kids who are big fans as well.

At a concert in Seattle one year my roommate at the time got invited back stage, actually his girlfriend did, and she brought him along. While there he talked Jimmy into sponsoring our softball team in a tournament. That turned into league fees, uniforms and a few other things and of course always an invitation to chat before or after concerts and there were many.

Most recent was Jimmy Buffett Night at the Mariners Game August 25th.

My play list for the day filled in by CD's for the LP's I am missing.

Jimmy Buffett 1000p.jpg Caribbean_Soul_Softball_Team_1986_1000p.jpg Jimmy_Buffett_Havana_Daydreaming_Now_Playing_1000p.jpg JB_A1A_Now_Playing_1000p.jpg Jimmy_Buffett_LPs_1000p.jpg .

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I heard on the radio at the beginning of summer that he cancelled a show due to some health issues. He later said "getting old isn't for sissies" in an update about his health which I thought was very true, and funny. I liked his music.
r.i.p.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Hate to hear this as 76 seems so young. I don't know much about this legend other than, of course, the timeless song Margaritaville and the companion family of hospitality establishments..

R.I.P

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Come Monday.... it'll be very different in the world. Prayers for his family, and from one Sailor to another, May he find Fair Winds and a following Sea, on his next Journey.

Old Bones

Agent
Real Name
William
His song "Come Monday" he wrote as a "Gordon Lightfoot "style of song because he was big fan of Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks