What's new

R.I.P. Anne Heche. See Post#6 (1 Viewer)

R.I.P.? Isn't this jumping the gun. Do we now report deaths before they actually occur?
It's likely Heche is already considered legally dead.

Via Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network:

What is the legal time of death for a brain dead patient?​

The legal time of death is the date and time that doctors determine that all brain activity has ceased. This is the time that is noted on the patient’s death certificate.

Understanding Brain Death and Organ Donation | Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

“Today we lost a bright light, a kind and most joyful soul, a loving mother, and a loyal friend,” Heche’s rep told People on behalf of her family and friends. “Anne will be deeply missed, but she lives on through her beautiful sons, her iconic body of work, and her passionate advocacy. Her bravery for always standing in her truth, spreading her message of love and acceptance, will continue to have a lasting impact.”

The family added to People that Heche had yet to be taken off life support for organ donation purposes but was legally dead per California law. “My brother Atlas and I lost our Mom,” Heche’s son Homer told People. “After six days of almost unbelievable emotional swings, I am left with a deep, wordless sadness. Hopefully my mom is free from pain and beginning to explore what I like to imagine as her eternal freedom.”

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have not been following this at all and just saw some info about it. I find it all very confusing as to what happened. The info I saw said she was taping a podcast or something like that where she and the host got drunk, intentionally, and potentially took some drugs/medication while they were getting drunk.

This was recorded to create a show from it. Then she is apparently allowed to leave driving herself home, while totally wasted? She was so impaired driving she crashed into a building, backed up and left that scene speeding away, and crashes into a house? Somehow the car explodes into a ball of fire.

The video I saw was of Heche being taken to the ambulance on a stretcher covered with a white sheet, when she suddenly sits up, arms flailing, which was totally haunting and I wish I had not seen that.

I am left baffled by the whole thing. OK, I understand they want to tape a show while they get loaded. Perhaps this is now a thing as I saw Tarantino and Bill Maher do this. Why knowing they were getting drunk was she allowed to drive herself home? This makes NO SENSE whatsoever!

Has anybody spoken to the people that were creating the show she was on and asked how the hell they let her leave in her own car without a driver?

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Perhaps, some of the details I read were off, I think based on something else I read that the drunk podcast deal was the day before this car crash incident. There is a bunch of information being floated and I have no idea what is correct or incorrect.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They have video of her speeding through the neighborhood several times before the final crash. Stories have claimed she had drugs in her system, but final toxicology won't be available for a while. It's just fortunate she didn't kill anyone else.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
My prayers and sympathies for her family. But honestly I have more sympathy for the person whose home and possessions were destroyed and whose life was nearly ended because of Heche's self-centered recklessness and abuse. The fact that Heche was someone famous doesn't lessen the horribleness of her actions and how ultimately our biggest concerns and thoughts should be for those whose lives will be scarred forever as a result of her actions.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Deadline

“While Anne is legally dead according to California law, her heart is still beating, and she has not been taken off life support so that One Legacy can see if she is a match for organ donation,” a rep for Heche said

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This is just horrible. I enjoyed her in the films I saw, but she always seemed a troubled soul to me. There was a period in the mid-late 90s when she was really having a moment and seemed to be in everything. May she Rest In Peace.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I had not seen her in any films. Well, there are some films she's been in that I've seen, but I don't recall her in them. I initially knew of her only as Ellen's girlfriend.

But my wife and I watched and greatly enjoyed her TV series Men in Trees. And more recently, she appeared in a recurring role for a season of Chicago P.D.

Sorry to see this happen to her.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The first film I remember seeing her in was Walking and Talking, co-starring with Catherine Keener. And that role basically sold me on her as an actress. I realize she had a troubled life and was often tabloid fodder, but somehow she always seemed to rise above it, which made her sort of an underdog to root for. Sadly, the circumstances of the accident and the harm it has caused all around is just tragic.

The last thing I really saw her in was the TV series Men In Trees, which I really quite enjoyed and have long wished would see some sort of streaming or DVD release. Perhaps now this will provide some incentive, though of course I would never have wished her passing to be the impetus.

And Six Days and Seven Nights is a guilty pleasure that perhaps now I needn't feel so guilty about.

Rest in peace. And deepest condolences to her children and family.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I would recommend Walking and Talking, a 1996 indie film she did before she got into some more high profile studio films. Arguably her most high profile role was in Six Days and Seven Nights because her co-star in the romantic comedy was Harrison Ford.

EDIT: One movie I forgot she was in I Know What You Did Last Summer, which I think I'll be watching tonight.

In the 2000s it seems she was more known for her TV work (e.g. Ally McBeal), but that's just my impression based on titles I'm familiar with and/or followed.
I had not seen her in any films. Well, there are some films she's been in that I've seen, but I don't recall her in them.

This article from TV Line highlights her work on Another World, which earned her a Daytime Emmy.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is just a terrible situation all the way around.

I don't know how many people other than @Citizen87645 will remember this. But I especially loved Anne Heche on Men in Trees, which aired on ABC from 2006-8. Unfortunately, it appears to have essentially vanished from distribution; as noted, there was never a DVD release and it hasn't made its way to any streaming service either as far as I know. It didn't last nearly as long as it should have, and ended with a cliffhanger because they didn't get the cancellation until after filming wrapped. But I loved that show and would be delighted to watch it again if Warner Bros. would only make it available. Heche met her ex-husband, James Tupper, on that show, where they played the central will-they-or-won't-they couple.

She was also very good in an occasional guest star role on Everwood, which is one of my all-time favorite shows.

May she Rest In Peace.

The fact that Heche was someone famous doesn't lessen the horribleness of her actions and how ultimately our biggest concerns and thoughts should be for those whose lives will be scarred forever as a result of her actions.
I don't think anyone here is suggesting that we should not be concerned for the other people involved or that Heche's celebrity status absolves her of responsibility. It is horrible that her accident caused other people harm. And it is horrible that she is dying. Both things can be true at the same time. The only good that will come out of this situation is that her organ donation might be able to help other people who in need.

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
My prayers and sympathies for her family. But honestly I have more sympathy for the person whose home and possessions were destroyed and whose life was nearly ended because of Heche's self-centered recklessness and abuse. The fact that Heche was someone famous doesn't lessen the horribleness of her actions and how ultimately our biggest concerns and thoughts should be for those whose lives will be scarred forever as a result of her actions.

I don't think it is a contest over who to feel the most for as it is just a tragedy all the way around. I did not know Ms. Heche so can't say what happened with her to cause her behavior on the day of the crash. Something was obviously not right as why was she in that condition in the middle of a day while behind the wheel? I read a bit about it yesterday and based on some of her actions the day before and day of the crash, she was in the midst of some kind of problems.

That is not to excuse her of being reckless operating her vehicle. I saw, I guess, one of her final moments driving her car from someone's house/doorbell cam and you can hear the high-pitched whine of a car engine approaching, until the car flies by at an extremely high rate of speed, and then you hear the crash just a second after she passes. She and the car were out of control is what you see in that brief moment.

Thankfully, she did not kill anybody else. This is the only good to be taken from something like this. For me, the questions remain, why was she in this condition? Who had she been with prior to getting behind the wheel? Was there no one in her life that could have helped prevent this?

I don't know much about the woman other than she had worked as an actor for a number of years. I don't recall her being a tabloid star for being drunk and in trouble. So, why and how did she come to this end?

There are people who you know are likely to come to a reckless end, was Ann Heche one of those people? I have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks