What's new

R.I.P. Anne Heche. See Post#6 (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
My post was prompted by the fact that the tone of the discussion had been focused almost exclusively on Heche without addressing the fact that one woman was left homeless with all her possessions destroyed because of Heche's actions that were as horrific as anything committed by a hit and run drunk driver (and before that she nearly ran over someone else). To me it was highly inappropriate to act as if this was business as usual regarding the death of a celebrity and that the only thing to comment on was how tragic it was that an actress we were familiar with had died, or to then decide the first thing we should talk about was anecdotes about her career. Especially since if a non-celebrity unfamiliar to us had done the things that had happened, our attitudes would be a LOT more instinctively judgmental in nature.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My post was prompted by the fact that the tone of the discussion had been focused almost exclusively on Heche without addressing the fact that one woman was left homeless with all her possessions destroyed because of Heche's actions that were as horrific as anything committed by a hit and run drunk driver (and before that she nearly ran over someone else). To me it was highly inappropriate to act as if this was business as usual regarding the death of a celebrity and that the only thing to comment on was how tragic it was that an actress we were familiar with had died, or to then decide the first thing we should talk about was anecdotes about her career. Especially since if a non-celebrity unfamiliar to us had done the things that had happened, our attitudes would be a LOT more instinctively judgmental in nature.
I tend to agree; however, Heche paid the ultimate price for her bad decision making. The other person can replace her house and most of her possessions if she has insurance. Heche, on the other hand, may end up saving someone else's life, assuming her organs are not all destroyed from alcohol and/or drug abuse or accident damage.

So, RIP.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I tend to agree; however, Heche paid the ultimate price for her bad decision making. The other person can replace her house and most of her possessions if she has insurance. Heche, on the other hand, may end up saving someone else's life, assuming her organs are not all destroyed from alcohol and/or drug abuse or accident damage.

So, RIP.
I'm sure that person will sue her estate too.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
She was great in 6 days , 7 nights with Harrison Ford. A great film and never a Blu ray issued

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I will always remember her for her outstanding work on Another World. She was one of the rare performers that took over an established role (from Emmy winner Ellen Wheeler) and soared. And yes, she definitely seemed the a troubled soul. May she Rest In Peace.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The other person can replace her house and most of her possessions if she has insurance.
Even if one grants that, a lifetime of possessions can also include things that are undoubtedly of a personal nature that are irreplaceable. Sometimes that can include photo albums and other things that no insurance company can ever provide compensation for.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Even if one grants that, a lifetime of possessions can also include things that are undoubtedly of a personal nature that are irreplaceable. Sometimes that can include photo albums and other things that no insurance company can ever provide compensation for.
That is a given which is why I used the modifier "most".

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
After seeing this video, I am struggling to feel sympathy for Anne Heche.

It is incredible that nobody else was seriously injured. Heche came extremely close to mowing down an innocent pedestrian.

My mind did go to the possibility of vehicle malfunction. However, I think Heche clearly demonstrated her lack of personal responsibility when she fled the scene of the accident at the very beginning of that video.

I am sorry, but drugs and/or alcohol are NOT acceptable excuses for this type of incredibly dangerous behavior. Driving while under the influence makes it an even more blatant demonstration of irresponsibility.

Obviously, she paid for this with her life. But she also destroyed the home of complete innocents. It's a miracle that nobody else was seriously injured.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks