What's new

Quick E-Reader Impressions (1 Viewer)

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up the E-Reader today with Animal Crossing at Wal-Mart, and so far I'm very impressed! Great idea and very well put together Nintendo. The E-Reader does make the GBA a little heavier, but not a huge amount, does anyone know how it affects battery life? Mine came with Donkey Kong Jr. which brings back alot of great memories, very cool. Donkey Kong Jr. is five cards, with each card giving controls, info about the game, tips, and screen shots of the game, you have to scan each card twice for a total of 10 times, which goes quicky, and the US version allows you to save the game you just scaned until you scan another new game, so basically you can turn off the GBA and start up the game without having to re-scan all the cards again. I can't wait to pick up some of the other NES games, espically Excitebike! The E-Read also comes with an Animal Crossing Card which will give you a special item (haven't seen what it is yet), a Game Watch Card called Manhole which is simple yet pretty fun, and three Pokemon Cards. The Pokemon mini games are pretty cool, and might be a reason to collect some of the cards. Mine came with Machop, and has a mini game where you have to punch 99 boulders, that come from the sky. Overall I'm very impressed, it even has a female voice that directs you what you have to do, and what each function does. If anyone has any questions ask, otherwise pick this up! No excuses espically if you crave old NES games that can now be played anywhere you go.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Before you know it, people are gonna find a way to start downloading and making copies of these e-cards...

The thing sounds cool, thanks for the info.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
I doubt that very much, given that E-reader cards will be a rather niche market I suspect. Supported, enjoyed, but a niche market. Why bother when there are much more easily exploited things that are worth more? Ripping off games that are decades old seems rather pointless to me...

Glad to hear DK Jr. is good though, it's almost certainly my favorite of the Donkey Kong line. I can still hear that repetitive song in my head...

Andre F

Screenwriter
How many different cards are they suppose to come out with? In other will we see other NES classics? I obviously have not read much abou this...

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Andre the games that are out now are Donkey Kong Jr., Pinball, Balloon Fight, Tennis, and Excitebike, plus the Pokemon cards from Wizard will have E-Reader support. Games coming before the end of the year Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., Ice Climber, Baseball, and Urban Champion. Animal Crossing card packs will also be available to unlock features and enhance game play in Nintendo GameCube games. All these cost less then $5 dollars, I've been hearing that the Animal Crossing ones will be like $2 dollars though. Very cool. :)

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Dave, currently not yet, but that just means Nintendo hasn't announced it yet. I've also heard rumors that the orginal Zelda is in Animal Crossing though, don't hold me to this, but if that's true you could download it from your Cube to your GBA/E-Reader, that would be gaming bliss. :)

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
The original Zelda and Super Mario Bros. are indeed in Animal Crossing. It's not a rumor, the only way they couldn't be in there is if Nintendo removed them from the U.S. release, which I doubt somewhat.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
My local EB (and I would assume it's the same at others) is running a promotion wherein you can trade any three GBA games (box & instructions *NOT* required) and get the e-Reader for free...
Awesome. :emoji_thumbsup: Picking mine up tomorrow along with "Kingdom Hearts".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks