What's new

Question about the Denon 3802 - any thoughts on using it just as a 5 channel amp? (1 Viewer)

DanielG

Agent
I have recently purchased an Anthem and I plan to use it as the processor both for my new HT setup as well as for my old HT setup (now have a Denon 3802 in that setup), assuming the speaker distance settings works well enough for both. However, I don't want to buy another 5 channel amp quite yet for my old system. I'd like to use the Denon as a 5-channel amp for that HT setup and use the other two channels on the Denon to run the speakers for the kitchen as a second zone.

Any thoughts about the feasibility of this use for the Denon?

Thanks for any thoughts.

--Dan

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
I can't think of any reason to not use the EXT IN as your amp in feeds for the HT. I'd just make sure that the individual channel levels are all at zero for the EXT IN and you need to figure out where to adjust the 3802's master volume to get appropriate volume playback levels for your Anthem setup.

I don't think that the EXT IN will feed a signal to the 3802's second zone though. To my knowledge, sources played into Zone 2 would come from the 3802 itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks