Queensryche reissues, Yeah!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Mazur, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur Second Unit

Great news for Queensryche fans. Their entire EMI catalog is being reissued. All will contain bonus tracks. I can't wait for these. "Last Time in Paris" and their cover of "Scarborough Fair" are songs I have wanted for a long time.

Read about them here: http://www.queensryche.com/latest_news/index.html

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

I wonder if they will ever release the original mix of The Warning, which apparently sounds much different to the released version.

3. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Does anyone know anything about the two bonus tracks at the end of Mindcrime? It seems sacriligeous to put bonus tracks on the end of a concept album. The story starts off with "I remember now" and ends with "Eyes of a Stranger". I would think adding bonus tracks after the latter song would ruin the continuity of the album. Wouldn't these be better served added to another one of the albums or do they tie into the Mindcrime concept?

4. Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur Second Unit

Evan,

I agree with you. My guess is because they are live Mindcrime songs they were included.

5. Ron S

Ron S Stunt Coordinator

Ack, was hoping to see some hint of either remastering or hi-res possibilities. No mention of it on the link [​IMG]

Mindcrime is an amazing album. I've heard many concept albums, but I've never heard one put together better than this one. Seamless and interesting throughout. With Empire on DVD-A, I was holding out hope that someday I could get this one as well...

6. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

If they're remastered I'll be interested in picking up Mindcrime. The Mindcrime CD is one of the worst mastered messes I've ever heard, I can barely stand to listen to it. It sounds like a big digital mush. Actually I want a SACD or DVD-A of that one, and I'll wait for it.

7. Scott Kriefall

Scott Kriefall Second Unit

Scott
    There's a remastered version of Mindcrime available as an import from France on Axe Killer Records. It's a 2-disc set in a foldout case (like a small hardcover book), with the second disc containing the group's debut album.

I haven't compared my copy of the Axe Killer disc to the current Capitol/EMI disc, although I've seen postings from others where it's been stated that the Axe Killer disc is vastly superior.

I bought my mint used copy from an Amazon seller for $18. New copies seem to sell for between $30 and $45.