What's new

Procrastination.......it's a disease (1 Viewer)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Help!

After months and months of pleading, writing letters, calling everyone I can think of, I have finally gotten the Army to "consider" granting me an age waiver for a commission in the Army Reserve, as a Veterinary Officer.

The trouble is: they want a frigging RESUME!

Actually, they said a C.V., but I don't have enough academic and publishing experience to make up a decent C.V., so they are getting a damn resume.
I haven't had to write a resume for 20+ years. I know I can do the job, but how to communicate this in writing?

I've been working on this "thing" all weekend, and all I have to show for it is an outline! Crap, I know I'm going to blow this, my one and only opportunity.

And now, instead of buckling down and just DOING IT, I'm procratinating by reading After Hours on the HTF. :frowning:

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

Apocalypse Now Scream:You gots one !?!?

OK. I'm getting there; everything done except listing 15 years worth of continuing education and a begging, pleading cover letter. I'll do those tomorrow between patients.

But it has no pizazz. Sigh. Any experts you recommend?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea, but look in your local phone book, or do a google search for "resume services" or some such.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Quick question: what will your duties be as a Vet for the Army ? I wasn't aware of a large "animal contingent" besides some canine duties. Inquiring minds need to know !

Of course, you can answer this tomorrow... or the next day.... or...

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

The Army has some 480+ Veterinary Officers; duties include actually taking care of military working dogs, but mostly food inspection, sanitation, infectious disease research.

Got the darn resume finished; now my printer died! I will NEVER, EVER buy another inkjet!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks