What's new

Proac Response 2.5 Clone Project (1 Viewer)

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
I'm trying to gather enough information on the Proac 2.5 clone to begin building the speaker. I have visited the website. Does anybody here have any advice concerning this project? Specifically, what did you line the inside walls with and did you include any kind of stuffing.

What about bracing. From what I've learned, there is no internal bracing. I guess the material used to line the inside walls dampens enough to cancel any external vibrations. This is why I'm interested in the wall material. Thanks for any help.

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
Proac Response 2.5 clone update: I have received the tweeters and just today they delivered the mids/woofs. The boxes are together except the front baffle. I am in the process of lining the inside of the boxes with 3 layers of 30# roofing felt from Home Depot for damping. I am now debating whether I need more bracing other than the port brace. Maybe I'll put a small brace between the port and bottom of the cabinet. Once the damping, port, and braces are in place I will put the baffle on.

I plan on veneering the outside before routing the driver holes. This is a super bold move for me. If I screw up the routing the box is pretty much toast. But, if I don't screw up, the flush mount drivers will look perfect. At this point I feel confident.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Have you considered applying the veneer later and using a flush trim router bit (or perhaps a pilot bit) on the driver openings?

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
I can use a flush trim bit on any hole that doesn't require the driver to be flush mounted to the surface. The recess would not be deep enough for the trim bit bearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks