What's new

Private Ryan (1 Viewer)

Joe Barefoot

Stunt Coordinator
I was helping a friend calibrate a NEC 50" plasma screen last night. He pointed out that, in scene 4, that some of the fire seemed to cause red lines to come up from the flames to the top of the screen. This is particularly noticeable at the end of scene 4. We tried a Toshiba DVD, Sony DVD, and a Linn Classik DVD player With S-video cable and a Panny RP-56 with progressive scan....still red lines going vertical (he is opening a AV shop, thus the access to all the toys). So I assumed it was the plasma display. Well, I looked this morning at the same scene, with my copy of Private Ryan, on my set up at home. I have a Sony 9000 ES DVD, silver serpent component cables from better cables, and a Mits 65909 RP TV....still red lines. Now I must assume that it is the DVD itself. I just have a hard time thinking that such a popular/powerful DVD would have this blatant of a mistake. And I really can't imagine that it is intentional. What is that all about?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks