What's new

Possible Dallas meet ... who's interested? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
All,
A couple of Dallas guys have expressed interest in a local meet. And since I had already offered to show off my SVS to one of them, I figured why not try to get a few of us together. My wife is a bit wary of inviting the whole forum over, so I'm trying to get an idea of how many of you are interested.
I've currently got an SVS 25-31PC and an Onkyo 595 receiver. My nOrh 4.0 speaker system is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow afternoon. These are all pieces that have attracted a lot of attention. The rest of the system is pretty standard stuff - a low end Toshiba DVD player and a JVC 32 inch tube.
I'm thinking of just an informal get-together. Some demoing and maybe a full movie. Maybe Friday evening, Saturday evening or Sunday evening (6/22, 6/23, 6/24). We could schedule it for another weekend if necessary. I'll have to check again with my wife on our schedule.
FYI I live in Sachse, that's on the northeast side of Dallas, just north of Garland.
If you're interested, post here. Tell me what days you could make it and include your email. I'll email directions and phone number to those who will attend.

David A White

Auditioning
Hey I'm also trying to get a get together at least a lunchon. I posted at the DHTG site so join in and sign up.
I'll see how mine goes before I comitt to yours. Spread the word about the DHTG. Would like to get more members involved.

Joe Koenig

Grip
I of course would be interested. I'm a HT newbie and about two months and $1,200 away from having a decent setup. Nonetheless I'd love to learn from experience and pick up some tips and tricks along the way.

David A White

Auditioning
Ryan it looks like my get together is going to happen you are more than welcome to come on by.
I suggest Spring Creek Barbeque at Preston & LBJ. We should be able to throw together as big a table as we want there.
How about a DVD swap theme. Everyone bring a few DVD's you don't want any more and see if anyone wants to trade.

Dean Sellers

Agent
Hi Guys,
I'm new to the Dallas area and am interested in attending. Please send along details and I'll see if my schedule permits.
Thanks

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
Alright, so far I've got Joe Koenig, Dean Sellers, and possibly David White. I may also have a friend from work show up. I'll go ahead an email the 3 of you directions and home phone #. And the invitation is still open for others who may be interested. Post here or email me.
I'd prefer to do this on Friday night starting at, say, 6:30. We'll have time to demo scenes and music and watch 1 movie start-to-finish if you want. I'll order pizza and have cokes (lemme know if you want diet).
P.S. I picked up the nOrh 4.0's last night from the DHL distribution center. They're absolutely incredible. Extremely accurate. Somewhat bright, but not fatiguing. These things expose every detail of the music/soundtrack.

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
The meet is on. Tentatively scheduled for 6:30 Friday evening.
Here's the list:
Joe Koenig (not committed yet)
David White + guest (not committed yet)
Dean Sellers (not committed yet)
Gruson (not committed yet)
Erik (a friend from my work)
If you haven't received an email or would like to join in the fun, let me know. I'd like to limit it to about 6 to keep my wife in her comfort zone for having "strangers" over. But until folks commit there's still room.

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
Last chance to join in. Right now there's 2 people from this forum and 1 person from work coming. I'll check forum posts and emails up until 5:00 this afternoon.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I'm gonna be up in frisco on the weekend of the 18th.... Have a wedding in dallas and my bro lives in frisco...I'm down south here in S.A.. does not seem like too much activity down here in my neck of the woods..
peace out
Thomas
------------------
So far, So good, So what
Link Removed
http://thomas2307.homestead.com/thomasworld.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks