What's new

Possibility of Criterion or Special Edition of "Double Idemnity"? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

And this is how all the rumors get started and embroidered and spread. Pretty soon someone, having read this line here, will post something like "Criterion to release DOUBLE INDEMNITY SE in 2004," like in a game of telephone. I really wish people would not make such statements unless they can back them up with specific sources, which we could then either corroborate or debunk.

So, Christian, I guess my question to you is: from where are you "hearing" this? If it's merely gossip, as I would bet money it is, please identify it as such. If you have studio connections and a reliable insider told you this, likewise let us know (even if the "informant" can't be named).

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I'll play devil's advocate here and point out the fact that Criterion doesn't always acknowledge a forthcoming title until they're ready to make an official announcement. I've e-mailed them a number of times regarding specific titles, and received the same "no plans at this time" response that Brian PB quoted above... only to discover a very different truth soon thereafter. This has been my experience, so I'm not discounting the possibility yet... Of course, I may be grasping at straws, since I want this movie so desperately!

How 'bout it Christian? Spill it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks