What's new

PLease help...Buzz in most but not all inputs on DA4es (1 Viewer)

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
I just disconnected all wires to my Sony DA4ES to cut out the back of my cabinet. When I hooked everything back up, I get a buzz through my left speaker with every input except Video 2 (laserdisc player) and md (nothing connected). Does anyone have any suggestions??? Thx.

Brad Newton

Second Unit
How do you like this unit?? I am trying to decide between it and the Pioneer 45 & the Denon 3803. Tough decision.........at least for me

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I want a STR-DA4ES....how much did you pay for it? Check out the thread near the top marked "best reciever for 600 or less", I believe it is something like that.

Anyway, look in that thread and see if you can offer any input. I am wondering how much people are paying for it. I am trying to get the best price..cureent best is 696 shipped from JandR.com....I found it for 619 shipped from sammans.com but it is not an authorized dealer and JandR will not pricematch them!

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
I like this receiver but I did not compare it to anything else. My brother works at sony and got me the receiver for his cost- well under $620 shipped. If I were to compare receivers, the competition would be at least one step below in performance and features. The only thing I don't like about it is the remote. I still haven't found how to access pro logic II thru the remote. Obviously I did not read the manual yet- I will do that tomorrow when my SVS 2039 PCi comes. The receiver is very clean, looks good, and has every feature that I need and then some. So far I have only listened to music and movies for my kid (Lion King, Monsters Inc and Toy Story) but without a sub. The Sony did make my Kef Q50's rumble, though. I was very impressed! I never liked Pioneer's stuff- don't know why just never did. If I were going to compare this receiver to something, I would look at Dennon, Onkyo and Outlaw. I had a Yamaha and hate the way it sounded on music. My buddy has 2 top of the line Marantz receivers and to me it does not have a lot of "air" to it- very bland. Also, Marantz and H/K are almost the same receiver to me (no flames intended). Anyway- I couldn't go wrong with the Sony- especially at the price I paid for it. Good luck with your choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks