What's new

Playing Mario Kart Online ....? (1 Viewer)

Mike JM

Stunt Coordinator
Hello.

Okay, I have a broadband cable modem, a router that connects my computer, my ps2, and my gamecube.
I now know my ip address cause warp pipe told me so.
....now what? Do I need a netward card...? which? why? how?
....Or do I just need to put someone's ip address in the warp pipe program?

I'm confused. But I want to play online!

Help?!

-mike

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Make sure you have port 4000 open if you have a router.

Other than that, I think all you do is put another person's IP address in and you will connect with them.

I have everything setup on my end, I just haven't found anyone that actually wanted to play. If you are interested, PM or email me and we'll set something up.

Cameron

Mike JM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure. port 4000? They aren't labeled. How can I tell?

I have my computer hooked up to the router, the same as my ps2 and gamecube. ....there are 4 ports, and I guess however many wireless computers I might have hooked up with netword cards (none at the moment).

-mike

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
Port 4000 in your port forwarding configuration in your router's administration menu. Look up port forwarding in your router manual so you can read up on how to do it with your speficif router. What youre gonna do is forward a port from your router to your GC, and only that port.

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Mike JM

Stunt Coordinator
I think the hardest part is going to be finding someone to actually play online with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks