What's new

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest news tidbit (1 Viewer)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
A bit of controversy over a scene in the first of the two upcoming sequels:

http://tinyurl.com/acgyp

Ridiculous complaint, IMO... I could at least see the Chief's point (whether or not I agreed with it) if the tribe was specifically named or portrayed in the film, but IT'S NOT.

Sheesh!

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Hmm. I wasn't even aware they had a full title for one of the sequels!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
If only this guy had been around to stand up for ghosts and ghouls everywhere who never became pirates nor...EVER EXISTED!

Wow. Stuff like this is just insane, or money-oriented, or attention oriented, or all of those.:)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Cool!!! Not the complaints, but the progress on the film. I'm such a sucker for PotC, I'm really looking forward to this one. And I'm very happy to hear that it's once again involving ghosts and other supernatural elements, a very unique combo with pirates that certainly works.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
It's attention-oriented, as Seth points out. It happens with almost every major movie. And it always works, because the press gives it due credence, so they can use "scandal" in conjunction with a popular movie, increasing (maybe) viewership, and therefore, airtime costs/profits.

Cynical?

Not me,
Chuck :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks