What's new

Pioneer Elite DV47i and 45A Pricing (1 Viewer)

mikey.k

Auditioning
At a local specialty shop this evening they told me that they have the 47i and 45A in their computer inventory as on order. They quoted me list prices as $999.00 for the DV47i and only $599.00 for the DV45A. That price point will quickly set a new mark for "universal players".

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mikey, I had seen these figures floating around here a few weeks ago when word of the '45A and '47Ai first hit. The price of the '45A is especially encouraging. Hopefully even cheaper universal players will be available before too long.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Keith- This is why I think Sony should/hopefully will do a uni player someday.
Very soon (well, maybe a year or 2), there might not be such a thing as a DVD-V player anymore. They all will become universal.
So sales of dedicated SACD players will slowly decrease. (They won't disappear, simply because some people will actually want to buy "dedicated" units for DVD-V, DVD-A, and maybe even all 3 with SACD thinking that you can get better quality that way.)
An ES universal player would be something to die for. *That* would answer everyones beef with the lightness of the 47a.
Sony does make VCRs now (or at least contract out their manufacturing and puts their name on them to sell them). So there's hope... :)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, a Sony ES universal player that weighed 20+ lbs. would be very nice to see. I am not going to hold my breath, however. Not only does Sony make VCRs, but it also makes CD recorders too. Nothing is out of the realm of possibility when money is at issue.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Anyone have a pic? At these prices, I'd consider upgrading my JVC (I hate the ergonomics) even if meant sacrificing the multi-region...

Brennan Hill

Stunt Coordinator
Does the 45A have progressive scan? I can't find anything that clearly says it does. Their website has the 46i up, but not the 45A.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Brennan, I am quite sure the '45A will offer progressive-scan output. As I recall, Pioneer had it up on its web site a few weeks ago, but it isn't up now. What is the '46i? I haven't heard of that one.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The only reason to get the 47i vs. their universal player out right now by Pioneer Elite is the digital iLink that will only work on their newer receivers with the same proprietary input. There is still no industry-wide standard for such a connection.

Unless you want to stick to one brand to use the digital connection for SACD and DVD-Audio, I wouldn't get excited about it.

Besides, the specs. for the 49TXi receiver doesn't talk about the quality or type of the internal DSD decoder or DACs. Could just be a bunch of marketing B.S. right now.

Dan

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Brennan,
Ah, that makes more sense. For the record, it's the '47Ai. ;)
Dan,
Is it clear at this point that Pioneer is not upgrading bass-management capabilities or the video section (e.g., correcting the chroma bug) in moving from the '47A to the '47Ai? Is that information available with certainty at this point?

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Keith,

Going to the 47Ai, and assuming you've laid down the substantial coin for the 49TX receiver means you get Bass Management/Time Alignment for DVD-A.... I don't know that this would be the case for SACD.

Regards,

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I read somewhere that the 47ai will include complete bass management, along with the 45a. One of those new product blurbs in one of the latest SGHT, S&V, WSR, or HTMag... So even if you don't have the "i" interface in the receiving component, still might be a benefit to the 47ai over the 47a.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John,
It makes sense that Pioneer's new digital interace between the '47Ai and '49TXi would provide bass management and time alignment for DVD-Audio. However, I was hoping that suitable bass management would be available for DVD-Audio and SACD on the '47Ai for the "layperson" who doesn't have the '49TXi. I have no interest in spending a lot of "coin" on a home-theater receiver, but that's just me. :)
Kevin,
I hope the information you read is correct and that you actually read it. ;)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Keith- Man! :D
So I went back to try to find it. (But I only keep the latest issue until the new one arrives. Just rip out the reviews I want to save.)
Couldn't find it. I think it was 2 S&V's or SGHT's ago. Unless it was in a place other than the new product blurbs.
But I did find (again) H/K saying that the new 225 receiver will have Logic 7 for 5.1 sources (S&V Sept 2002, pg 26). :emoji_thumbsup: (I'm looking at the 520's successor, the 525 (?) as a possible reciver-as-a-pre/pro.)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
A dealer near me today said he'd have the 45a in stock next week (in transit right now). He said mid-Sept for the 47ai.

Also sounded like Pioneer isn't shipping any more 47a's, even though he has 15 back ordered! (I checked a few months ago, and he had 5 back ordered then. So demand is certainly still there.)

He said 60 days for the Denon 3803...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks