What's new
World Wide Stereo

Pio 1014 - Switch Multi-Ch In from your remote (1 Viewer)

Scott Lawrence

Stunt Coordinator
Hey folks,

One thing that has annoyed me since day one with this receiver is that you have to get your butt off the couch and go to the receiver to toggle on or off the multi-channel input mode (for SACD/DVD-A, for example).

This wasn't the end of the world when I still had a single-disc dvd-player, but now that I've got a universal dvd changer (yamaha dvdc750 dvd-a/sacd player), it's annoying to not be able to load up a mixture of discs and be able to switch into the appropriate multi-ch input mode (on for dvd-a/sacd, off for cds/dvd-v) via remote.

Tonight it occured to me how to get around this problem. You can use an unused input mode on the reciever. For me, I have nothing connected to my CD input (use the dvdplayer for both). So, I clicked the CD button on the remote, walked up to the receiver, and turned on multi-ch input. So now when I put the reciever in CD mode, I get multi-ch input. When I switch the receiver to DVD mode, I get the regular didigtal link. I've finally figured out how to toggle multi-ch in from remote!

Hopefully this makes sense to you and might be helpful to someone out there. You can use any un-used input button such as DVR/VCR, CR-R/TAPE, whatever you have open.

Cheers,
Scott.

728x90

Scott Lawrence

Stunt Coordinator
Well, sort of. When you turn on multi-channel input mode, the receiver remembers that it's on for the current mode (say, CD). When you switch to another mode (DVD, TV, Tuner, etc), the receiver remebers that the CD input is using the multi-channel in's. So when you switch back to CD mode, you're using the multi-channel in's (unless you happen to turn them back off using the front panel of the receiver for some reason).

Hopefully this is clear now. It's not that you actually "assign" the multi-channel in's to a given input, but in effect you are doing that as the receiver remembers what input was selected when you turned it on. It remembers even after a power cycle (just tried it now to be sure).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GAMark
Recent bookmarks