What's new

Pink blotches with Wega (1 Viewer)

Britton

Screenwriter
Hi, I just picked up a KV-27FS13 and I noticed that when the picture is displaying something that is white, I notice some pink blotches on the right and left sides of the screen. They run vertically (almost from top to bottom) and are only visible when the set displays whites. It doesn't bug me too much, but I'd like to know if any of you out there had this problem, and if you were able to fix it. This set is a replacement, so I hope the solution won't involve any heavy lifting... Thanks in advance.
[Edited last by Britton on September 24, 2001 at 12:05 AM]

JasonRH

Second Unit
How far in from the side of the screen are they? Do they appear as a bunch of straight lines that appear to be close together? (most easily seen with moving screen and light colored image)

Britton

Screenwriter
They are not far in from the sides at all. One is very close to the left edge and the other is close to the right edge of the screen. I can only see them on a white background, or at least that's the only time I notice them. They run vertically, almost from top to bottom. I hope that's enough info.

Damon Morrin

Agent
I believe this is the uneven brightness issue that many of the Wegas have. I have the same set and returned on because the darkened areas showed up on any lighter colored background, not just white. I exchanged for another set that has the problem but it only is noticeable on a white background.
The question you need to ask, is can you live with it. You cna exchange your set but it is likely that your replacemnet with have the same problem to some extent. The sony has 2 great features that all sets need(defeatable SVM through a menu(most important) and vertical compression).
I think 95% of the buying public doesn't complain about the brightness issue so Sony has done nothing to fix it.

JasonRH

Second Unit
Britton,
The "lines" on my set show up as greenish on a white background and the left and right both have one main line and several smaller ones. They show up to some extent on all relatively light colors. The thing I can't figure out is why color purity problems run in straight lines and aren't random areas of discoloration? Makes me think it may be another problem.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I dont have pink blotches, but I have a 1 inch thick white haze running the whole left side of my screen from top to bottom during very dark scenes. Its not that big of a deal, but noticable. I also have a blue convergence problem in the bottom right corner of my set during all white scenes...but thats only when its full frame, and since 95% of what my TV is used for is for widescreen DVDs, the black bars, cover up the corner, so I never see it. Other than that, Ive had no other color problems with mine...Oh, and I have the exact same model as you, except the 32 inch version, the 32FS13.

Britton

Screenwriter
Yeah, I guess the pink areas are more like a haze than blotches. The odd thing is the end of each of these areas curve inwards. It's almost as though if the pink area would form a circle or halo around the picture if they were longer and actually met up. I can live with this when compared to my first set, which had bad bad geometry problems and a purple blotch on the lower left corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks