What's new

Pre-Order Picnic (1955) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81zxQ3PcyeL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

As an Amazon Associate Home Theater Forum will earn from qualifying purchases.

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lon Cross
Was the TT release considered an excellent Blu-ray? I've been kicking myself for not buying it after discovering Picnic has been only available as a Pan and Scan DVD. So if the reviews for this one are as great as I expect them to be, I'm all in.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Was the TT release considered an excellent Blu-ray? I've been kicking myself for not buying it after discovering Picnic has been only available as a Pan and Scan DVD. So if the reviews for this one are as great as I expect them to be, I'm all in.

Of course the Twilight Time was considered and excellent Blu-ray. And of course this is the exact same transfer.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I have the DVD from the Kim Novak Collection (which is not pan and scan but excellent with good color and definition) but I thought the TT Blu-Ray was far superior. In particular, during the dance at the picnic, you could see the glow of the various colors from the Japanese Lanterns as they floated in the wind, causing different tonalities to ebb and flow on the actor's faces. And there was nothing close to that level of detail on the DVD. I thought it was just beautiful, bringing out everything posssible from the original cinematography and giving it all a kind of polish and exalted coloration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks