What's new

Philips ProntoEdit 4 released! (1 Viewer)

ChrisB

Stunt Coordinator
I hope this is better than the last one. I like the all in one ideal though, it will make it easier to program other peoples remotes without having to change from pro to 2000. I downloaded it today and am going to have to try it out. I am a little worried about the OS on the remote, I think I will wait untill a few others try it out:)

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
I did some programming last night with PE4 and a lot of the issues have been taken care of. It does seem to be more stable with less crashing from the emulator. I am sure there are quirks I did not find yet but so far this release functions much better than previous ones. My thanks go to Phillips for even generating the program. :emoji_thumbsup:

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
all I can say is its about time. As someone that programs these beasties for clients that use everything from the 1, 2 or pro versions its a PITA having to switch back and forth between the different versions

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
It's nice they did not force us to upgrade the firmware to use this Ver.4,

I understand the firm upgrades are intended to fix bugs and enhance the options.

I'm not sure I'm ready to take a hit on the memory loss on my Pro.

It's to bad that they will not give us the option to go without the built in data base for those that do not use nor need those extra codes, and gain that useable memory back.

Make the OS and data bases separate option!

Philips are you listening?

Danie_P

Grip
Will this work on my CHAD remote also?

Its supposed to be just the same or?

Cheers

Daniel

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it looks like I spoke too soon. The emulator still crashes with Win2K. The question is: Is this a Pronto issue or a operating system issue? I believe it to be the latter since it works fine on Win98. :frowning:

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I am having troubles downloading ccfs into my Pronto right now. I rebooted and it worked..I hope this doesn't mean I have to reboot everytime I want to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks