What's new

PC Camera Problems. Any ideas? (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I just picked up an Intel Pro PC camera and when I try to connect to another person using MS Instant Messaging it will connect to the other person, if they have MS IM on their PC, and then as quickly disconnect.

I am using a Linksys router/hub and I think the problem is that it uses NATs.

Is there any work around out there or any other program worth checking into so that I can video conference with others over the net? I need to keep the Linksys up and running as a have my wife's computer hooked up to the router too.

Thanks,

Parker

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
You might try enabling the "DMZ" on the computer you want to use the camera on. I read somewhere that Messenger has a problem with being behind a router but I'm not sure if that’s true. Good luck!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Thanks. I will give that a try. The reason that I think it is the NATs with the Linksys is because MS messenger comes up with a message that states that I cannot make phone calls because my access to the net is using NATs and cannot be used at this time. They are working on getting around this but nothing is available now. Since I cannot make a phone call with the MS IM I can only guess that the same thing is causing the problem with using the PC camera.

Parker

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
So if I enabled the DMZ feature of the router while using the camera and then disabled it do you think that would work?

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks