What's new

PayPal Question (1 Viewer)

Rajen

Agent
I am about to purchase a custom designed plan for a bathroom addition from a person from out of state. He wants me to pay via paypal to which I have no problem. However, I do have one question or concern - will the vendor know my name or address from the info I input on paypal. I really want to have the payment done without the vendor having access to my name and address, is that possible through paypal payment?

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the seller will know your name and address. It's in the e-mail he's sent and it's available to him online by looking at the transaction details. Many sellers won't ship to anything but your Paypal address. I won't. This item is going to have to be shipped to you, right? What were you going to give him for a shipping address if it isn't the one on Paypal?

Rajen

Agent
There is no shipping involved. I emailed the dimensions etc and I will be downloading the finished product.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
When you pay, you have the option of selecting "no address required" at the bottom of the payment page. I'm pretty sure that will keep your address of the email but he is always going to know your name.

I just double-checked transaction details of a refund payment I sent where I selected no address and there is no address in the details of the transaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks