What's new

Pathos Classic One with Kef Q35.2 worth it? (1 Viewer)

Cagri

Second Unit
Hi folks,
I have a pair of Kef Q35.2s which are hooked to a NAD C320bee. I have been happily using this very subtle and old setup for almost a decade. Now a colleague of mine is selling his Pathos Classic One for a good price (but still pretty expensive compared to my system components) and I am not sure if it will be a good idea to drive my Kefs with this amp considering their age and limits etc. I have no intention to replace the speakers right now, so basically the question is, is it worth spending cash for this amp with these speakers or shall I keep what I have? (Not possible to borrow the amp and give it a test unfortunately)
TIA

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hey Cagri,

I wouldn't buy the Pathos for the performance but more for the look. Pathos makes really great looking gear for the style concious (though the performance is top notch as well) but if you are going to hide it in a cabinet (and it isn't rack mountable) I wouldn't bother.

How much is he asking?

Cagri

Second Unit
He is asking 1200 euros (which is around $1680) which is a good price really...
I am not in the US, so don't compare with the price over there lol... might be too much for US market but good here..

I wouldn't buy it for the looks at all, it looks good yes, but I will not spend that much money for the looks. I will only buy it if I will get better sound than the NAD without replacing my speakers.

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Both are 50W x 2 rated amps. The Pathos is probably a cleaner signal but the NAD is no slouch.

For your speakers, I wouldn't bother but I don't think the Pathos is "too much" for them.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would give it a listen with your setup. Otherwise you are just speculating. It's a lot of money todrop on speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks