What's new

Parasound Halo C2 vs Anthem AVM 20, which is better and why? (2 Viewers)

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator
Arthur,

The reviews are in the S&V November and December issues ...

Ricky,

If everything you are saying mattered (and keep in mind from an "audible" standpoint), then why wouldn't we have seen the Aragon win the Reviewer's Choice? In case you didn't catch it, the same gentleman who reviewed (and tested) the Anthem, the Aragon and the Sunfire also was the one who picked the Anthem for the award.

1/10th the distortion at 0.003 means nothing if you can't hear 0.05 anyway .. right?

Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it? IMO - he thought that the Anthem was the 'best', thus it got the award ...

Tom:cool:

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Tom,

Are you serious? You act like the Award matters AT ALL? Please tell me you are just joking right? Also, can you find out the advertising dollars S&V gets from each manufacturer?

Brian Fitterman

Stunt Coordinator
Are you serious? You act like the Award matters AT ALL? Please tell me you are just joking right? Also, can you find out the advertising dollars S&V gets from each manufacturer?
I would like to say, both really do not matter. One, is just someone's opinion, and the other, the measurements, are close to meaningless because both sets of numbers are inaudible. But IMHO, I would say the persons opinion means more....not much more though...You have to listen for yourself...everyone is different. I have friend who wanted an Anthem, but got the Sunfire becuase he liked the way the equipment looked. That made him feel good about the purchase, so be it. Its his money. Who am I to say he should have got the Anthem.

As far as the advertising goes, both Paradigm (owners of Anthem) and Klipsch (owners of Aragon) are spending TONS of money on it. Just this past month EVERY HT/audio magazine I get had a big section on Klipsch speakers...that was definatly not cheap. Paradigm usualy has at least 2 pages in each magazine. So both give lots of money to the publishers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks