What's new

Paramount has huge plans for 2005! (1 Viewer)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I hope we get to see a Star Trek Animated in 2005 as well. After Enterprise that would be the only Trek not on DVD.

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
What about THE FUGITIVE??

There was talk about it on TVSHOWSONDVD months ago. Is it still planned?

Has anyone heard anything?

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator

I totally agree! Such a good show, way to go Paramount! I've been waiting for this news, I knew they couldn't wait too long to release it with all the people that want this one. Sometimes it seemed like the news would never come, but I sure was happy to see "MacGyver" in the title of the TvShowsonDVD news announcement tonight! So cool!

YaY! :D

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
GET SMART and THE FUGITIVE are some of the Spelling/Republic properties that have to wait for the Artisan/Lions Gate deal to expire before Paramount can exploit them.

I second the request for classic Nickelodeon TV. Season sets of ADVENTURES OF PETE & PETE, YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON TELEVISION, and THE TOMORROW PEOPLE would be a wonderful thing.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am hoping to see some Paramount/UPN shows such as...

-Seven Days
-Sentinel
-Special Unit 2

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Scott...I, too, am hoping for Wings (eventually!), but I can definitely be counted amongst those who are totally psyched for MacGyver! :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I really want to see Get Smart in 2005. That's the most important DVD release as far as I am concerned. I am hopeful Paramount will exploit the show's 40th anniversary and get it out there in '05.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for missing me, Casey. I miss having enough time to be here constantly, and I miss all youse guys. You may have noticed that I'm not as prolific at TSoD as I've been, and that's a result of the same thing: more responsibility at my paying job (no extra pay, though, but the experience is being added to my resume! :D ), and now that my kid's in 1st Grade, I have to spend more time helping to shape his education. And find time somewhere in there to remember to say "hi" to the missus.

Every blue moon, I even get to WATCH a DVD. How's that for a goodie? ;)

In response to those who are saying "too bad XXX wasn't on the list" or "what about XXX coming out?", or whatever: this is what we KNOW Paramount wants to come out with in 2005. It's not a list of what we don't know Paramount wants to come out with in 2005. For instance, I'm sure they want to come out with Twin Peaks, and it was brought up in this thread that there's ample evidence that they are going to do so in 2005. But it wasn't mentioned in my article, because it wasn't on the document that Paramount distributed.

But, just because it's not on the document, doesn't mean it isn't coming. When Fox told us about a long list of TV-on-DVD to expect this past year (2004), Reba never came up. Yet it will arrive in December. Surprise! :)

On the other hand, in my interview with David Gerrold, he said that it's Columbia House who's behind the ST:TAS release for now, which means it might be theirs for a year before Par can bring it to retail. Is any of that true? Who knows?

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Isn't Dawson's Creek Paramount? I hope they release season 5 & 6.And hopefully they go back to the original theme song.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Also, with the Spielberg/Cruise remake on the way, an opportunity to release the War of the Worlds series (at least season 1).

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Bring on Twin Peaks S2 (Its about effin time we heard news about this) and more CSI!!

:)

Im happy

Brandon_D

Stunt Coordinator
Some of the real gems to come out of Paramount will be further seasons of I Love Lucy, Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley. Two other great releases would be Dynasty and The Love Boat!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks