What's new

Paradigm Reference V3, Signature Series Release Date, what should I do ??? (1 Viewer)

DougN

Auditioning
Yesterday, I called my local Paradigm dealer yesterday, asking him about the V3 Reference date. I got to know him, he is very nice and honest person, never tries to pressure you on a sale. He told me that the V3 will be out in the fall of 2003 (Sept-Oct timeframe) because sometimes in May-June, Paradigm will be releasing their flagship speaker line, the Signature Series. He also guesses that V3 MSRP will be around 2600-2700 USD but he is not sure about the prices and details of its feature enhancements. He said that he will call his Paradigm contact and will get back to me. Today, he confirms the above info. It may change, but to his best knowledge at the moment, this is it.
I was thinking about getting the entire home theater speakers (Studio 100s, CC, Studio ADP, PW-2200) sometimes in April-May. This is a big investment for me, I do not know if I should wait for V3. Should I or shouldn't I ??? Please help !!!
P.S. I really enjoy this forum, you guys are great !!!, really. I wish that I found it sooner !!!

DougN

Auditioning
BTW, I forgot to mention that my dealer thinks V3 will probably has some sort of tweeter improvements ...

DougN

Auditioning
Sorry, my discussion with my local dealer was about the Studio 100. So for Studio 100 V3, it would cost around 2600-2700 USD, approximately 10% price increase ...

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Doug,

Thanks for the clarification! The prospect of tweeter improvements intrigues! You have a real conundrum!

Martin.

BobRoulier

Second Unit
you may want to wait, otherwise you might be kicking your self if they sound considerably better and I wouldnt be surprised ;) btw I own v2 100s

Bob

You might ask your dealer if they offer any trade up programs during the first year of purchase. I know my local B&M dealer will give me full value on equipment trade in for a year after purchase on newer (upgrade) equipment. Tell your dealer your conundrum and ask if it's a possibility. If it is, you can buy your V.2's now, knowing that you can get full value for them trading up to V.3's in the Fall. The dealer get a sale now and one in the Fall as well. Works out well for both parties. Granted, this usually precludes huge discounts on the the new upgrade equipment, but there should still be enough margin available to your dealer to make it appealling to both you and him. YMMV.

Regards,

Kurt

JohnKings

Stunt Coordinator
Call me a skeptic, but from the dealers I have talked to in both the US and Canada, neither seem to be able to pinpoint a time frame for the Signatures being released - though someone in canada told me not to hold my breath - and none of them have heard anything about a Studio v3 line. I'll be suprised if the signatures get out this year, let alone the studio v3s.

John

Daniel Mai

Stunt Coordinator
One more vote for the current V2. Rumors are rumors and something better will always come along so we can't keep waiting.

BTW, the CC sounds absolutely incredible.

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
Two things to consider:

Find out if Paradigm will allow you to swap or at least purchase (if Paradigm does in fact upgrade their tweeter on the V3)the new tweeters separately when they become available. If they are willing to do this, you can listen to the new model when it arrives....if you prefer the new tweeter, upgrade it. Who knows....maybe you won't like the new tweeter. Either way you are covered.

Secondly, I recommend you consider the Servo 15 over the PW-2200. My neighbor has a complete studio 100 system including the Servo 15. It is honestly the best sub I have listened to. Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks