What's new
World Wide Stereo

Panny 42" EDTV Plasma $2400 shipped (1 Viewer)

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Hard to believe --> Panny 42" Plasma Sale at Dell

I'm still not convinced Plasma is the way to go, but one thing seems nearly unanamous ... Panasonic Plasmas crush most of the competition, particularly in the < $4000 category.. Also, I read a great argument for EDTV Plasmas recently at avsforum. They made the argument that for 480P DVD & Std NTSC broadcast material, this specific unit presents a truly stunning PQ. This makes great sense for myself and everyone else who do not yet receive any HDTV feed. Also note that this unit will handle 1080i & 720p inputs via downconversion to 480P. It been noted that HDTV material also looks so good on this Panny plasma that the HDTV version is only a marginal qualitative improvement.

Thought I would start a new thread on this to make sure those considering a Plasma get to see it.

Scott

728x90

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
If you decide to get this TH-42PWD6UY, consider using this link:

PAnasonic TH042PWD6UY

Purchases through that link go to help support Home Theater Forum.

BTW, today only (10/27/03, until 11pm CT), you can get an additional $25 off a $350+ purchase (this one qualifies), lowering the price down to $2671.36 shipped! Use coupon code: 10B97433AEFD for that discount.

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
UPDATE ... Use coupon code FE949ACCB112 (through midnight, 30-Oct) for an additional 20% off ... now the price is $2400. (+ Free Shipping!!!)
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

BruZZi

Second Unit
The optional DVI card for Panasonic Industrial (Commercial) models is TY-42TM6D.
List price is $200

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I saw this deal on the Panny (at about $2400), and it makes me drool sooo hard. That is my upgrade path - after a couple years of watching, I am still too poor (I can barely afford gas). $2400 is seriously the best deal on the Panny 6UY, ever, so far.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
This is a great little set, for those that want a huge "kewl" factor or have limited space.

I cant believe the price on plasmas is dropping so rapidly!

Gabriel, thanks for the links / coupons!!

regards

Gregg

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Sure thing. If you're going to buy a 42" plasma, you might as well get the best, get it for $500+ less than anywhere else, and support HTF while you're doing it.

BTW, if there's a mod/admin around, maybe we should change the title to Panny TH-42PWD6UY 42" ED plasma for under $2400 shipped? :)

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Gabriel,

I just called Dell sales and they said the way to order this is via phone until midnight 10/30.

Try John at Ext. 46212 and he would be able to help you. I did not order the display, but he was sure about being able to order it via telephone. Maybe your information is correct and the info he gave me was not.

Either way, it's worth a shot if you truly want one of these.

Regards,
Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oussa13
Recent bookmarks