What's new

Panasonic TUDST52 vs. Samsung SIRT151 (1 Viewer)

Leif Wall

Second Unit
I'd like to pick up a HD box sometime soon, since we should be getting some HD channels in my area this year. PBS being a couple months away.

I don't think the Panasonic is out yet, but I saw it on onecall.com and it looks okay. Would go great with my Panny HDTV and Panny rp82. :D

Pricing is similiar to what the Samsung could be had for online.

Which one would should I choose?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I cannot offer any opinions on the Panasonic, but I have a Samsung SIR-T151. It works very well in my setup. I am about 20 miles from the TV transmitters and use a Radio Shack double bowtie indoor antenna to pick up all the Detroit stations except for the local UPN affiliate (which I could barely get with my old SIR-T150). Since there is no HD material on the local UPN channel, though, I have not tried any other means to get this channel. I can get the local CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox and PBS stations without any issues.

After seeing those ESPN-HD commercials during the Super Bowl yesterday, though, I would be very willing to retire the Samsung if Comcast offers this channel by the autumn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks