What's new

Outlaw Star (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
While I will admit this is probably one of my favorite series for Anime, I have just one question. Will there be a second series or a movie? They really left a lot of the characters still alive and all and I was hoping for some more Outlaw Star period. Anyone else with me on this?

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Hmm, the series ratings in Japan fell sharply by the time it hit episode 26. It didn't do so hot in Japan, so I doubt there will be a continuation. However, if you want to check out Angel Links, it's an offshoot series that is in the same universe as Outlaw Star, but with new characters..a few you may have seen once or twice in the Outlaw Star TV series.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
About the only anime I like at all, and have gotten into lately, is Dragon Ball Z. I gave it a chance and liked it. Although I can't stand the habit if teasing a big showdown in a show, and it taking them 6 shows before they even get to the battle.

How's this series doing?

As for Outlaw Star, didn't like it. Seen it in passing, but never really gave it a chance. But then again, I'm not into anime, except for Dragon Ball Z recently.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Since I doubt you will buy it, I would recommend borrowing or renting some Outlaw Star DVDs. The dub is not that great, but the subs are good. Its 26 episodes.

My favorite anime is Neon Genesis Evangelion. Think of ever positive comment someone could possibly have about an anime, and imagine I'm saying those about NGE. And the dub ain't that bad.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
Chad I agree with you. This series caught me of guard when i saw it on the cartoon network. I ended up buying all three DVD's and i even prefer the dub to the sub for this title, and i never prefer dubs!

I really enjoyed the one episode with Aisha naked, that was a funny episode!

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
There were some episodes that weren't shown on Cartoon Network I believe. Like the one where they go to the resort.

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
Outlaw Star is an excellent, fun show. I really enjoyed it.

The dub is not that great, but the subs are good.
I actually found the dubs to be quite good. I could go into it more, but if you really want to know how I felt about the show as a whole you can read my review on my site. The link is in my sig.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I remember watching it on TV, and the characters just sounded...different. I saw the subs first and got used to the voices, plus they just sounded more original with the characters.

Haven't seen the whole series in either sub or dub, so my opinion has less merit. I would probably end up watching the show in dub anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks