What's new

Outlaw 970 pre/pro ??? (1 Viewer)

Andy_A

Second Unit
Okay, so I'm browsing the Outlaw sight today and I run across their new model preamp at $699 (the 970). It looks really great and I was trying to figure out all the differences between this and the 990. For starters, the 970 doesn't have balanced outputs, while the 990 does. Also, The 970 has one more coax digital input and one less optical (3 and 3, which I prefer).

Interestingly, the 990 page states "7.1 channels w/ full digital bass management and pure-bypass", while the 970 page states, "7.1 channels w/ full digital bass management, analog bass management, and pure-bypass". This sounds like an extra feature, but I'm not sure.

Lastly, the 970 is 20 pounds while the 990 is 28 pounds.

I'm very interested in getting this. Does anyone else know some more differences between this and the 990 and/or the 950? Thanks

Doug_

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for fixing the links. I can't post an actual link due to my low post count. Glad you enjoyed my input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks