What's new

OSD picture scrolling on NAD T163! (1 Viewer)

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All,

I just recently bought an NAD T163 A/V preamp, and the onscreen display scrolls whenever it is activated. It is like on older TV sets that had a 'V-HOLD' adjustment for when the picture would be roatating up or down. This is evident through both the S-Video and RCA monitor video output. Regular video pass-through works fine, and when I adjust the preamp's volume, it displays correctly at the bottom of the screen. But using the OSD causes the scrolling. Any ideas? Thank you.

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Ray,

Have you tried the OSD with just the composite or the S-Video cable connected by themselves (not both at the same time)?

Michael

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I did. Very strange. Could it be the voltage selector? There is a switch for 120V or 230V...I have it on 120V, figured that's what is used in the US. Everything else seems to work fine, and I was even able to set everything up with the scrolling menu (although I felt a bit nauseous afterwards). Maybe it's not liking a certain signal it's getting, like from the cable.

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
I'll try the software reset...thanks Mike. I found a temporary fix, in that when you turn off the 'OSD Bkgd' function, which puts up a black screen behind the menu, the menu shows up fine (no scroll) superimposed on the source picture. But it still scrolls when there's no video signal....not a big deal, as I can use the menu fine now with picture. I'll still try the reset. I must say that this preamp sounds great through my Marantz MM9000 amp....all the painful sibilance I was experiencing using a Denon AVR 2803 as a pre/pro is gone from my Klipsch Reference speakers. Things sound much more neutral and natural now. I'm still getting used to the navigation, being a Denon user for the past five years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks