What's new

Ordered a Juice Press-Best Oranges for Juice? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
We've ordered from H&D before and it's always good. That would be quite a splurge. Maybe for special occasions.

Still hoping for additional suggestions.

My dad used to send me a box as a birthday present each year - I'd look forward to that week of fresh squeezed juice all year!

I'd also be interested in any suggestions anyone else has as well :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
No particular variety, just want to relay a story.

My favorite grocery store used to do fresh squeezed right in front of you. Shockingly expensive. Plus the oranges, at least cosmetically, couldn't be sold. They were all green, maybe a touch of color, The juice was fresh, but bottled or even frozen was much better. It took pounds and pounds of oranges to get a decent amount of juice, probably why it was so expensive. They didn't do it for long, at $10-$12 a quart, not a lot of buyers.

As mentioned above, Valencias are good, but good luck finding them. I've occasionally come across "Valencias", but almost every store in my area just sells "oranges", nobody knows exactly what variety they are.

Just make sure they are solid and feel heavy, otherwise you're just buying a lot of rind and pith, very little fruit or juice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks