What's new

Opinions Plz: Sampo 42" Plasma at Costco (1 Viewer)

Vito_Jr

Grip
Hi,
Does anyone have an opinion on this unit (Sampo PME-42S6WT) 42" plasma tv offered at Costco?

I couldn't find this on Sampo's site so I assume it is an older model. It offers Sampo's MotionDSC™ digital processor with adaptive motion de-interlacing, digital progressive line scaling, and via an advanced internal scaler, the Sampo can accept HDTV signal inputs - 480p, 720p and 1080i,
852 x 480 physical pixels and a 550:1 contrast ratio.
Anything important I am missing?
I took my wife to see the Sony 40: Wega and she was turned off by the size - she loved the $5000 Panasonic plasma next to it (Tweeter). This Sampo is (only) $3000 on-line from Costco.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. TIA

Claire Panke

Second Unit
You can get the ED Panasonic model on line for around $3500. (You want the WD5UY.) This is one of the best plasma displays available. I saw the Sampo at Costco - it's OK but the Panny is better - superior blacks, contrast and a good track record. For the same price? No brainer which one I'd buy.

You do realize that these plasmas are "monitors" and don't come with speakers and tuners, don't you?

Go to avsforum.com for a great, informative plasma forum and leads to reliable online dealers = plasmatek, 1800plasmas etc. The plasma FAQ is where you should start there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sbaker1991
Recent bookmarks