What's new

Onkyo Unveils Top-of the-line Network Receivers (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by DanChristensen /t/314139/onkyo-unveils-top-of-the-line-network-receivers#post_3933829
This is now available for $2,000 new. Is there a reason why it priced dropped so fast?

Most authrorized dealers stil have it around $2900 Which dealer is showing it available for 2K? Also, it could be refurbished units at that pricepoint.

Real Name
Daniel Christensen
BrandsMart USA, which is listed as an authorized retailer on Onkyo's website. BrandsMart is a like a Sam's Club only you don't have to be a member.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Ac4l.com has it for $1700 as a refurb. $85 for a 3 year warranty from Warrantech. The list of features on that thing is mind-boggling! :eek:

Real Name
Daniel Christensen
Robert Crawford said:
At the store they said they had 6 left in the warehouse and would sell them for $1800 and that a new model was coming out this year. They swore it was BNIB not refurbished, citing a good relationship with and mega sprawl-mart pruchsing power from Onkyo for the price.
Anyone wanna call b.s. on their claim?
BTW someone from avs forum claims to have gotten on at BM for a "wonderful price:"
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1394892/onkyo-tx-nr5009-discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnockie
Great to hear your positive comments on the Onkyo. I assume that you have not had any quality issues with it?
Since I have a 4308 also would you say that the 5009 is more powerful than the Denon? The 4308 is a very good receiver but the video processing is on the weak side.
I am in S Florida too. Did you buy yours from Brandsmart, Best Buy or online?
I did get a chance to listen to the Anthem 700 today. Very impressive sound but definitely not as powerful as the Onkyo.
I will probably give the 5009 a try in the next few days. Thanks!
Knocking on wood, I have not had any problems with my unit.
I am not using the amps on my Onkyo so I couldn't comment on the strength of the amps as compared to the Denon. I would assume that it is more powerful.
I purchased mine from BrandSmart and got a wonderful price on it.

zubinell

Auditioning
Real Name
jerry
"Onkyo's eye for detail extends to conveniently backlit remote controls and an overlaid graphical OSD for swift, seamless, and simple adjustment of settings during a program, game, or movie."
I love how they pat themselves on the back for everything, including the things that are very poor. Oh boy does that remote suck. Yes the keys glow but the labels do not so if you want to see what you are selecting the first thing you need to do is turn in the lights.
I love the reciever but the first time I used the remote I went searching for options.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks