What's new

Onkyo or Pioneer AV receiver - anyone know of a best of both? (1 Viewer)

adam2008

Auditioning
Real Name
adam
Hi, i want to be able to play my music from itunes (mac) over my home wireless network to an av receiver. I haven't bought an av receiver yet but am thinking either pioneer or onkyo. Pioneer because it has Airplay, or Onkyo because it's regza link compatible (i have a toshiba tv). Is there a way I can get the best of both because I don't want to lose either of these functionalities. Oh and I don't really want to have to get an airport either. Thanks

Cookiesowns

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph Wu
adam2008 said:
Hi, i want to be able to play my music from itunes (mac) over my home wireless network to an av receiver. I haven't bought an av receiver yet but am thinking either pioneer or onkyo. Pioneer because it has Airplay, or Onkyo because it's regza link compatible (i have a toshiba tv). Is there a way I can get the best of both because I don't want to lose either of these functionalities. Oh and I don't really want to have to get an airport either. Thanks
Which models were you looking at? I personally was debating between the SC-57 and the onkyo 3008/3009 models for quite a few days, I've settled upon the SC-57 due to the fact that it's control application seems far more developed than the onkyo, and it supports airplay. Also, the Class D^3 amps on the Pioneer sold it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks